News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Power Gains - TOR exhaust and remap

Started by CornishJimbob, January 25, 2010, 04:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Quote from: "CornishJimbob"hello, what's the Yellow Box Converter?

The joys of owning a new bike!  all this new stuff to try!  :roll:

ah ha, I know this, Chris is running dymags, so speedo is out, the yellow box is an electronic box of tricks which recalibrates the speedo through a series of dip switches, kin clever.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

It go's like this.

I decide to convert my tiger to 17" wheels,i can get the wheels relaced locally,shorter side stand,get a conversion from Germany for the front mudguard,i'm all set bar one thing the speedo,i spend 6 months going round in circles trying to sort a solution,changing the speedo was out, even Jack Lilley could help,i put a query up on what was then THE board for Tigers Yahoo site,i have a guy contact me from Arkansas,tells me he knows of someone in Wollongong Australia,starting to sound like a joke e'h!!!.

Have you got a secure website?? e'r no,i fax him a credit card number(pheww),he mails me back saying my credit card bill will be from some TV shop(i kid you not) it comes within a week,it must have been on 7 years,you alter you speedo plus or minus 25%,i bought a spare speedo wire off e-bay as well just in case i cocked it up fitting it,the joys of doing your own R+D e'h.

outrunner

Quote from: "CornishJimbob"personally I wouldn't worry about having a spare airbox

The airbox I bought came with a new filter so that will save a few bob on the next service which is due in 3000 miles.  :)

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

kelpie_67

So this would make difference to my 885i too?
2000 885i yellow - can you see me now?

Chris Canning

Possibly,i had 2 885i's the second one was taken in for a 12,000 service and the day i dropped it in, had a test on a 955,i never went back to collect it,only went back for my new bike,but yes i see no reason why it shouldn''t work,that 885i motor needs all the help it can get. :wink: