News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chain Rub Block

Started by rf9rider, February 02, 2010, 05:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Ahh, but he's dealing with Webbs PETERBOROUGH..... same company but not the same level of service; trust me,  I know.... :evil:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NeilD

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Ahh, but he's dealing with Webbs PETERBOROUGH..... same company but not the same level of service; trust me,  I know.... :evil:

ah...  :wink:

rf9rider

Nooooooooo, i`ve ordered the bits from Fowlers, always used them for my previous Yamaha`s i rebuilt, always a good quick service from them, up until now.  :lol:

And thanks all for the info/pics.

rf9rider

Need a few measurements please.

What thickness and width metal do i need to make up the tab, and what size drillbit for the hole?

Cheers Chaps.  :)

Sin_Tiger

Going over to the workshop on Sat morning, I'll see what I can do.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

NeilD

Quote from: "rf9rider"Nooooooooo, i`ve ordered the bits from Fowlers, .......

Normally with Webbs (well Lincoln anyway) they can check if the part is in stock at Triumph, if it is and if they get the order in before 11 a.m. it gets to the the following day....small bits and pieces I've had posted to me if I'm not goign to be over that way...  not used the Peterborough branch although I think t'other half got my christmas present from there!

rf9rider

Used Webbs for getting my YZF750 and Thunderace bits,always a good service.
Will have to try them next time for the Tiger.

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Going over to the workshop on Sat morning, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks mate.

Bixxer Bob

To be accurate, the guy in the parts dept at Webbs Peterboro' is really good and very helpful.  It's the workshops lot I don't have any faith in.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"To be accurate, the guy in the parts dept at Webbs Peterboro' is really good and very helpful.  It's the workshops lot I don't have any faith in.

Too right, not many dealer workshops round here i`d trust either.

Only good service i ever got was from the small bike shop in Ramsey, rebuilt an old XJ650 engine, although that was about 20 years ago.  :lol:

I used to drive for Cade Bros, next door to his workshop, so used to call in quite a lot.

rf9rider

Good news.
All my bits i ordered arrived today.  :D

Guess what i`m doing today.  :lol:

rf9rider

Just need the measurement between the 2 lines, from edge of square down tube to cente hole of the tab, just to get an approx idea where to drill the mount hole.

Cheers Chaps.  :)

Mustang

you could use the new rub block bracket as a guide or I will see if I can get the info you need off of one of my steamers later today I need to take tigger 2's footpeg and cover off anyway to do a little modifying

if you are not in a big hurry I should have the info you need later tonite ........  8)

rf9rider

Thanks Mustang.
I`ve started work on a new bracket, should be done later, then when its mounted, i can drill the hole for the block.
Stripped the back end off again, cleaned it up and found no trace of the old bracket.

At least i got the new strip rub fitted.

I`ll put some pics up of the bracket when its fifnished, see what you think.

rf9rider

Quote from: "Mustang"you could use the new rub block bracket as a guide or I will see if I can get the info you need off of one of my steamers later today I need to take tigger 2's footpeg and cover off anyway to do a little modifying

if you are not in a big hurry I should have the info you need later tonite ........  8)

Just need a rough idea where to drill the mounting hole, don`t want it too high or the block will wear out too quickly, or too low and wear the swing arm!  :shock: