News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chain Rub Block

Started by rf9rider, February 02, 2010, 05:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramseybella

The UHMW Works great, I bought a block for $7.00 My tiger will be dead and gone by the time I use it all up.
The Triumph block is hard rubber so i cut the rubber away and built my new block.

cochris

I WILL get this thing fixed yet... :?:  
Anyone ever seen the tab for the rub block mount come off the peg tube? I cleaned the rectangular frame bar, no sign whatsoever of any previous weld; powdercoating is totally undisturbed. However, under the tube that braces the rub block, there is clearly a broken weld. Could this be where the 'bolt' tab for the rub block originated at one time? 97 Steamer...

rf9rider

If you can wait a couple of days i`ll get my spare frame out and take a few pics if thats any help to you?

Sin_Tiger

It's possible that it wasn't welded on too solidly in the first place, mine's been welded up as well.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

cochris

Any help/ photos would be appreciated. No clue what the weld break is under that footpeg mount tube??? Definitely a broken tab of some sort. Thanks again everyone.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "cochris"Any help/ photos would be appreciated.

Check the links in my post above.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Heres pics as promised, though the bracket looks different to others i`ve seen.
This bracket is an "L" shaped, welded both horizontally and vertically.
Looks stronger than others too!

cochris

Thank you very much for the picts!! This is the way I'm going to go about fixing it.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "rf9rider"This bracket is an "L" shaped, welded both horizontally and vertically.
Looks stronger than others too!

Zoomed in as close as I could on the welds but not that clear. It does look like a replacement and yes probably stronger.

Rocinante

Quote from: "rf9rider"]

e?

Aha! Thanks to this thread, which I stumbled over, I have realized two things. One, why the chain makes such a tick tick sound when I roll the bike without the engine on and why there are new kinds of wibes on the footpegs., and two, why there was a strange breaking noise and feeling from below the bike some time ago. I stopped and wondered what the heck went to pieces but couldn´t find anything. Now there´s no bracket where there should have been one. This thread made me realize it.

So I´m off to the workshop of my kind father in law with printed images to make a copy of this before the weekend ride I´ve planned for a long time.

Three times horay for this excellent forum.  :hello2  :hello2  :hello2
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com