News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Gong Xi Fat Choi

Started by Sin_Tiger, February 15, 2010, 07:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Happy Lunar (or Chinese if you want to get ethnic) New Year, bet you all thought this was a China made bike thread  :lol:

Well it's in full swing here, went out for a quick scoot around this morning and saw what must have been the only other foriegn biker on Orchard Road getting tugged, poor bugger, he was soooo pissed off that I didn't even get a chance to comiserate with him at the next lights. Unheard of bike cops pulling somone on the main shopping street, it was very empty (read very obvious when riding a lime green Ninja) and he must have been a bit naughty to get tugged.

Anyway, Being the year of the Tiger I managed to grab a slack handful of Ang Pao (little red) envelopes with Tiger pics on them. Traditionally family members give unmarried youngsters "Lucky Money" at New Year in these envelopes as a good luck gesture.

So if anybody wants a set, one is gold outline and the other is coloured pictures of Tigers with Chinese script for the year of the Tiger on one side only. PM me with a mailing address and as a good luck gesture I will happily mail a set FOC worldwide.

Gong Xi Fat Choi

(Can't post pics I've been naughty and exceeded my quota and haven't figured out waht to do about it yet)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

"Getting tugged" has a slightly different meaning here. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
From parts unknown.

Bixxer Bob

First dibbs ST!!

No need to post, hopefully I'll see you at the Glasgow meet.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "JetdocX""Getting tugged" has a slightly different meaning here. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Strange Brit euphamism, another is "getting your collar felt"  :roll:

I am assuming what it means to you is a bit more pleasant experience  :lol:

It amused me that the guy on the Ninja was in mesh riding gear with armour, full face, boots and decent gloves, bike plod uniform on the other hand is a white 70's style open face with clip on peak, white short sleeved safari shirt, gloves more suited to washing dishes, the only saving grace being a pair of Italian sytle "Mousillini" boots. They are currently riding, I believe, VTEC VFR's, rumor has it that they are taught to change up going into corners to prevent getting spat off when the VTEC kicks in  :oops:

Packet set aside with your name on them Bob.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

I love this board.  I get to try all the Brit euphemisms on my pals!  Getting my collar felt?  Really?  I'd rather get "tugged". :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yes, darling, you may keep the felt! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sorry, it's just too funny to let go.  No offense intended. 8)
From parts unknown.

aeronca

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: this site kills me. hey, when's the year of the new englander? nah, never mind, there would be too much profanity :lol:   pm sent 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Packet set aside with your name on them Bob.

Cheers  :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Save me one Sin please.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

KuzzinKenny

Gong Xi Fat Choi !!  :shock:  that`s easy for you to say  :ImaPoser

Happy it anyway !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "JetdocX"I get to try all the Brit euphemisms on my pals!  Getting my collar felt?  Really?  

That's "felt" as in the past tense of the verb feel (I'll probably get corrected by someone who can do English better than I  :oops: ), no offense taken, we Brits have a bit of a cheek sometimes criticising you guys on US usage of English, we are experts on murdering our own common tongue.

If you think this is amusing, you'd better hope KK or some of the other Scot's don't start on our own particular brand of tortured English.

Speaking of which, my Cantonese is even worse, I nearly had a punch up with a Hong Kong engineer I was working with when I asked for a 19mm spanner. How was I to know that nineteen and w@nker in Cantonese is separated by only a subtle tonal inflection  :shock: Once I learnt that I used it more often  :wink:

Back OT, I was trying to figure out how to post a picture of the envelopes and then the penny dropped on the Facebook Group  :roll:

JetdocX

Hand me a 19mm, WANKER!  Brilliant! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I would be in so much trouble in China.
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

Actually you almost hit on another Brit Naval euphamism "Sp@nner W@nker" - Marine Engineering Type person.

I just found out that the Singapore Postal Service has issued a comemorative set of Tiger stamps, I'm off to see if I can snag a few of those as well.

Just reading the Feng Shui drivel that goes with the above and they mention a few notable characters born under the Tiger with appropriate traits.

Ludwig Van Beethoven - Beautiful music but deaf as a post, Steamer DAR.
Stevie Wonder - Beautiful music but blind as a bat, Roadies crap lights.
Karl Marx and Ho Chi Mihn - For the people but mad as a box of frogs, you decide.
Marilyn Monroe - Well we had to have one for the Girlies.  :lol:

oxnsox

QuoteTigers, which rotate with 11 other animals on the Chinese lunar year zodiac, are said to bring variable luck, being dependable and unpredictable at the same time.

Soo Triumph got the name right then......
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sin_Tiger

Honda Varadero, soooo last year, work it out  :lol:

Sniffy

Year of the Tiger? Not if you're surname is Woods.  Just watched his choreographed apology on the news  :Topes
Steve