News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bolts list

Started by the cyclops, February 27, 2010, 09:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the cyclops

Anyone know where I can find a listing of all the fasteners for a Girly?  I just did the 12k service and after I put if back together I of course have a bolt misplaced somewhere.  I have a m6x40mm Torx head and the only hole I have left is a M6x15mm or close in one of the side panels.  I don't know how I could have gotten a bolt that short into somewhere that took one almost 3x as long unless it was supposed to go through to something else.  It either had to be something above the valve cover or in the forks as that was all I had off (greased steering head, checked shims in valves, and balanced throttle bodies).  I have looked on the parts fiche but the only ones I can see are the tank bolt and something to hold the cams down.  I know its not either of these as its too dirty to be from inside the engine and the tank bolt is on there.
Growing older but not up

the cyclops

OK, weird thing happened.  While working on the bike I was putting my bolts in my topcase which was a Pelican case bolted to the rear rack.  I kept an extra bolt in there just in case and had kind of forgotten about it.  Well, I guess you can figure out the rest.  It just so happened to be the same thread as the tank bolt and just a bit longer.  What are the odds?
Growing older but not up