News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Headlight relays

Started by Geoff D, March 08, 2010, 01:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

Very true Chris  :lol: . Just another thing they might chuck at you after being stopped for something else.

Speed is definitely the answer why I don't need better lights, I think I topped 75 on the way back from the GSer meeting I went to last week.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

John

I have a current conviction an MS60,i was witnesses to have handle a plastic bag while sat in 3 lanes of stationary traffic on the M6,HID doesn't even come close :roll: ,but i do have an extensive conviction list over the years :wink:

John Stenhouse

He must have been in a real shitty mood that day! Can't see how that is in any way dangerous? Sort of thing that goes on in cars all the time, why is a bike different?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Tiger Tito

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Furkle around under the dash next to the cowling on the left hand side below the heated grips switch and you'll find a rubber cover.  Make a careful note of how it goes on and which way round then remove it (it just pulls off).  The two empty relay sockets are under there.  If you are having trouble orientating them, use a mirror to have a quick look at the sockets first.  When they are in place, test the lights then put the rubber cover back.  Job done!!

Hi Bixxer Bob,

I just did the Relay fitting but found that when the Relay ubicated downwards was placed there was not neccesary to place the other relay at the upward position because lights work as I wanted.

Is it really neccesary for some reason to place the second relay?

Thanks
Tiger Tito
Tiger 955i \'03
Moto Guzzi Griso 1100 \'06
Kawasaki KLR650 \'09

Bixxer Bob

Working from memory as I can't get at my wiring diagram at the moment, I think you need two relays to enable both lamps on dip and both on main beam, but I could be wrong.... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

oxnsox

Mr Haynes isn't clear on this, it simply shows a single relay for main and another for Dip. But from my memory I think there is a set for each light as Bob says. (I had to change mine from dip to the right to dip to the left)
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

daveb

just fitted the 2 relays on to my 2006 tiger 955i (07 plate), ready for autum / winter riding.

the local council's around here are turning off street lights to same money.

Edit: just checked the main lights go off when starter is pressed, I read here about this will ensure they are the correct ones.