News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2'' Risers and cable/brake line length

Started by 514Advrider, March 09, 2010, 04:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

514Advrider

I'm thinking about installing a set of 2'' Rox risers on my Tiger, but I'm under the impression that the brake line will be too short, and some cables might be borderline. Anyone else has done this, and if yes, did you encounter these issues?

thanks,

Paul

Mustang

On a steamer if you raise the bar height 2 inches you are going to need new brake line for sure the clutch line might make it but it will be tight the choke cable may or may not be long enuff and the throttle cable is going to be tight also

I would imagine a Girly bike to have the same issues as well but .......I can only confirm on the steamers  :(

JasonS

I put Rox Risers on my 06 Tiger last year without changing out cables......

Go fer it... great product!!
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

Menzies

Same as previous post, you will like them, all cables worked fine.

Advwannabe

I have the 2" Rox risors on my Tiger. I'm generally very happy with the following reservations:

Mine arrived with metal flash in the holes and very sharp edges. O.k two minutes with a file and they were good but still annoying.

You have to cut down one of your 6mm allen keys to fit the clamps properly.

Mine just fit. I hade to take the brake line out of the bottom clamp to ease the pressure on the line, but it works.

The Rox, in conjunction with Mustangs pegs and the Corbin seat make this a very comfy ride position now, and good for long periods standing too
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

goosen2002

I have 2" risers (that I bought off of an inmate) on my 2002 and didn't have to change the cables. I really enjoy the new position too.
Black 2002

514Advrider

Advwannabe and Goosen2002, are you using the stock bars with the Rox risers, or did you switch to a different bend?

flux

I had the Rox Risers and Pro Taper ATV Mids and had no problem.  Now that we're thinking about it though I did also have to take the cables out of that little wire clamp near the steering head to get a little more play but no big deal.  

Also, you might hit the stock screen with the bars/mirrors depending on angle.  I had an MRA Vario with no issues.

goosen2002

514ADVrider, same bars.
Black 2002

moose

Anyone done this on a 2000 model (Spokes)? is cable length ok for that?  After riding for an hour or two I get pain in my lower back, im hoping that might ease this a little

Rob

514Advrider

Ordered the 2" Rox Elite risers today. Thanks to everyone for their input, I'll post some feedback once they're installed on the bike.