News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Throttle cable cross reference

Started by barbwire44, March 18, 2010, 02:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbwire44

So as luck would have it, my new to me tiger has had its first breakdown 150 miles later. but it is just a throttle cable.... now do I have to be the triumph one or is it crossable to motion pro??? it is a 2000 Girly, single cable throttle, broke right at the bars....all ya it looks like I have to pull the tank to change it I'm assuming???
thanks
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

barbwire44

Let me ask another question before I go tearing this thing down, I looked on ebay for a new cable and found this used one, now I don't want a used cable but I noticed the picture, and where I marked the arrows is where I have the question, my cable looked to me like it broke in between these two spots, right where the threaded end is, it looks to me on my cable that these two pieces should be attached, but in this picture they are seperated ??? the end of my threads have definately broke, but do they just thread into the other part, maybe I could just somehow dig the threads out of the piece on the right then re-thread whats left into the  piece on the right??? [/img]
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

Mustang

it's broken ........it is common .
a new one is only 38 bucks from your dealer or Bike Bandit .

try super glue it back together for temp repair until you get a new cable   :wink:
been there done that  :shock:

barbwire44

is it plastic, it sure felt like it, why in the world would they make that part plastic ! Tried the local dealer, no luck, I'm gonna try the PA dealers and see is someone has it, next day airing a throttle cable for the weekend..LOL!! doesn't make any sense....to my wife..
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

Mustang

you can also wrap duct tape around the two pcs which will hold it together good enuff to keep riding until a new cable comes ....
there is nothing duct tape won't fix LOL !

barbwire44

i called every dealer in ohio, and a few more calls and I will have called all the dealers in PA..LOL!!! no stock. May have to try bikebandit, but read where there not real fast shippers.
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

barbwire44

I got one !!!! team Triumph of Wisconsin..... said they pretty much have every cable, for every triumph on hand,,,and there gonna next day air it for me, and super friendly to boot!!
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!