News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

News Flash. New Tiger Coming

Started by brad1098, April 17, 2010, 04:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad1098

Had a chat with well respected local dealer who hapens to be number one in the nation in customer service.  I ask when the new 675 tiger was coming out.  His ears perked up and said you can have the second one, but I'm keeping the first.  He went on to say he was recently in a "secret" meeting with Triumph and the new Tiger is coming as a 2011 model sometime between Oct. and April.

He did see a picture of the new model.  It will have an adventrue and street line.  Adventure model will have factory aluminum pannier option.  Oh and it will not be a 675.  Ya see from a marketing perspective, regardless of horsepower, you can't build a 675 that is a f800 killer.  It has to be 800 plus.  So look for a 8?? triple tiger in the near future.  No fears the 1050 will still be around also.

That is all I know......but I believe it coming from the source.  May be the bike that repaces my Girly.
02 black-Lorna

coachgeo

news on this has been raging over at Adv. Riders Board  for a good month now. Though your info is the more detailed than anything I've seen yet.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Mustang

Quote from: "brad1098"Oh and it will not be a 675.  Ya see from a marketing perspective, regardless of horsepower, you can't build a 675 that is a f800 killer.  It has to be 800 plus.  So look for a 8?? triple tiger in the near future.

:shock:
Sounds like they have come full circle ...............
The 1st and best Hinkley tigers were 885 triples ...................hmmmmm?
Thats what steamers were

rumors I have  heard is that it will still not be an off road M/C just will be styled to look the part parked next to a GS at Starbucks ........... :ImaPoser

gotta wait and see what the new model lineup is when they come out ........too many rumors  :shock:

aeronca

the 800ish engine is the best news i've heard all day :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

It's all rose colored smoke rings being blown up your ass.

I'll believe it when I can throw a leg over it. :roll:
From parts unknown.

brad1098

Not my ass.  It really doesnt matter to me since I bought my new house and those green and yellow machines I don't have two cents to rub together.  

I did however ride a 1050 early, early on, in the snow when said dealer got one and told me to take er for a ride.

So I may be throwing a leg over before ya'll  :lol:  

I still want the 675!
02 black-Lorna

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "JetdocX"It's all rose colored smoke rings being blown up your ass.

I'll fire up the smoke generator now  :lol:  :new_popcornsmiley
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Advwannabe

Latest AMCN has an Aprilla Adventure Tourer based on the 750 Shiver. It was a computer gen image but there was some official confermation from the company. At least it's competitors are putting some pressure on Triumph to come up with a AT bike.

Speaking of which, in sunny Canberra on the weekend we had an event call the Moto Italia, where bikes and cars from this country strut there stuff by the lake next to our national gallery.

The new Stelvio NTX was on display. Good points for crash protection, ally sump guard and a reduction in the rear tyre to 150 ( tourance) from 180.

Bad points for flimsy exhaust mount, afterthought rear luggage rack, cables hanging out everywhere to be snagged and low ground clearance due to the sump guard. To be fair this is no worse than a Girly Tiggers exhaust, but you'd think with a tranverse twin they could have gone dry sump and given us a bit more space under the engine.

Interesting alternative....
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Tomsblutiger1

Quote from: "brad1098"Not my ass.  It really doesnt matter to me since I bought my new house and those green and yellow machines I don't have two cents to rub together.  

I did however ride a 1050 early, early on, in the snow when said dealer got one and told me to take er for a ride.

So I may be throwing a leg over before ya'll  :lol:  

I still want the 675!

Congrats on the home ownership!  Are you talking about John Deere machines?  I was farm raised and always liked the green, but I enjoy riding tigers more than deeres!
06 Tiger 955i Caspian Blue

cascadetiger

My son just bought a 675 Daytona.  I drove it and have to say it is the most amazing motorcycle engine I have ever driven.  It has an addicting sound, all the way to the red line, smooth as silk.  I was supposed to take it for a short test ride and ended up going 30 or 40 miles.  Beautiful bike.  That motor in anything would be awesome, especially an adventure bike.

JasonS

... it is called viral marketing.

Just look at the stink about the "lost and found" new iPhone in the news..

Over the last 8 years we've seen Triumph do this time and again with well inserted leaks and rumors... we would not be talking about this new "675 tiger idle" as much if there weren't some truth to it

Triumph knows full well that the info given to the dealers will leak out. They count on it to create murmur about the potential of the new thing..

There is an event to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the rebirth of T this fall... the PR indicates there will be big news announced as part of the event... my guess is we will get several very big surprises.. including a new trophy and the reported new versions of the bikes that have been rumored...

Triumph has the market by the balls, in the sense of they are the little guy on its way up, ... they are increasing production while most other brands are having huge issues .. it should be a good show and it is great to see T running such an organization.
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

diggerT

A UK dealer has told me there will be a smaller Tiger out at the end of the year. No details as to to engine size or spec!

brad1098

Dealer also said there would be a total of 6 new 2011 models.  3 all new and 3 revised existing lines.  

Oh and 21" front on adventure bike, of course, and 19 on the new baby roadie.

Yes, John Deere's Tom!!

New place has 5 acres and only couple miles from family farm where it's all green and yellow.  So I got a 727 zero turn mower and a gator.  Both with Kawasaki engines!!
02 black-Lorna

brad1098

Looks like I had purty good information 3 months ago.  8)
02 black-Lorna

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "JetdocX"It's all rose colored smoke rings being blown up your ass.

Hey JD, get execising that leg, I want to see the coloured smoke coming back out  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint