News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TITAX LEVERS & Handguards Mod

Started by Tiger Tito, May 18, 2010, 03:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger Tito

Yesterday I received a pair of TITAX Levers for brake and clutch replacement. The installation is really easy and the only mod needed is cutting a hole on the left handguard to make room for the clutch lever to fit.
Tiger Tito
Tiger 955i \'03
Moto Guzzi Griso 1100 \'06
Kawasaki KLR650 \'09

jonathan jaecks

That's essentially the same problem I encountered with the Pazzo levers...the levers and the stock hand guards wanting to occupy the same space.  I opted to remove the stock hand guards and replace them with 1150gs hand guards, which also needed a slight tweaking to fit.

06' tiger with all the fixin's

Tiger Tito

Hi Johnatan, by the way, did you install original Triumph Heated Grips on your bike, and if so are they Part NÂș A9638006?
Thanks
Tiger Tito
Tiger 955i \'03
Moto Guzzi Griso 1100 \'06
Kawasaki KLR650 \'09

jonathan jaecks

I installed the factory heated grips in 06' within weeks of purchasing the bike.  Not sure about the part # though...might have to do some digging this weekend to find it.  Kind of spendy, but worth every penny considering how much I've used them.

Bagheera

Jonathan, do you happen to know if the setup for your 06 is the same as for an 05?  If so, which Pazzo levers did you use, and how much clearance from the GS handguard do you get with the clutch lever? (Happen to have a pic?)
Thanks, Dean
Presently: 2005 Tiger, 2005 Monster S2R
formerly: 1999 R1100S, 1996 R850R,  1972 350 Scrambler, 1966 Schwinn