News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Throtttle body adjustment done!

Started by gbcphoto, May 22, 2010, 08:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbcphoto

Have just finished doing the TB's on my 01(using carbtune) and was wondering what would be best  to use to lock the adjustment screws once they have been adjusted. I was thinking of blue lock tight but wondered if there is anything else especially for this sort of thing.

thanks in advance!

GC
2001 Gato Verde
1969 H1 500
2001 XR 650L
2000 XR 400
2006 KX 250F

John Stenhouse

I don't think locking them would be a good idea. How would you adjust them next time?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

iansoady

They are supposed to be locked according to the manual - mine were. I used some Loctite 222 (purple).
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

John Stenhouse

Ah, show what I know  :oops:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

If you think back to how small the adjustment of the screws had to be to get them exactly right, you'll not be surprised at how quickly they vibrate out of sync if you don't lock them somehow...
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...