News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB - Panniers and mounting kit for 03 Orange Tiger

Started by oradbaforpsoft, May 24, 2010, 05:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oradbaforpsoft

I need cheap (new or used) Side panniers for my 03 Tiger. I would also need all mounting hardware. Anyone out there upgraded, or no longer need them?
Email me at mailto:djcconsulting@gmail.com">djcconsulting@gmail.com if you have /know someone who has them.  Matching Orange would be nice, but black would probably work as well. Even non-triumph gear if you have all the mounting hardware and instructions for a DIY Dummy=me.

Thanks
Dave in KCMO: 2003 Tiger 955i - Lucifer Orange

EvilBetty

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

oradbaforpsoft

Hey, Evil Betty - thanks for pointing it out - now to convince everyone else not to bid on them :)
I thought you were also in the market to buy bags?  Or were you selling the mismatched ones? - Green and Orange with a ding - were they both left-side panniers?

EvilBetty

I have 2 full sets.   One with a couple deep scratches on one pannier, and one with some deep scratches on one, and the other ready for paint.

The cleaner of the two is staying with the bike until it's sold.

oradbaforpsoft

What is considered a fair price for a set of used panniers/hardware (side only) - Just a general question for anyone out there.

EvilBetty

For a pristine set I would say $350 - $400.  I gave $300 for the last set that was scratched up a bit.

oradbaforpsoft

OK - I now have (or will have soon) the boxes/panniers, and all I need now is the mounting hardware for the top Box.
Anyone out there have one begging for a new home ?
( For a 2003 Tiger 955i)

Thanks
Dave in Dallas
mailto:djcconsulting@gmail.com">djcconsulting@gmail.com

EvilBetty

Did you win that eBay auction?  

Mounting hardware?

The OEM Top Box latches onto the OEM top rack.

EvilBetty

What part are you needing?  The top rack and hardware?

oradbaforpsoft

I soon will have the The plastic top box . I also have the metal luggage rack that comes standard on the bike - I need everything in between. I believe (from the dealer) that there is a mounting kit that slips onto/over the rear luggage rack/grill, that has rubber spacers as well.  Not sure how to describe it.  Perhaps the dealer assumed I did not already have the standard metal luggage rack?

Timbox2

As long as you have the OE rack on the bike, there is nothing else, the top box has all the mounting hardware

2016 Tiger Sport

oradbaforpsoft

I hope you are right - I don't have the actual box yet - still in the UK

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... MEWAX%3AIT

I do have the OEM luggage rack fitted - never took it off.

It looked like there was some additional hardware required on the bottom of the plastic box.  If not, and it's all one piece, then I am good to go!

I guess I never scrutinized them before.

oradbaforpsoft

The seller found out that the shipping costs to the USA is a whole lot more than I was going to pay for the panniers, and was kind enough to let me off the hook, so I guess they will soon be on sale again in the UK.
I am now looking for a top box in the USA. eBay lesson learned.

EvilBetty

Good luck.  I've been looking for a Lucifer Orange or Black top box or top box lid for months.  I have a brand new in the box top box with no lid waiting for clean lid to install on it.

oradbaforpsoft