News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel tank?

Started by atomic frog, June 27, 2010, 05:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atomic frog

I need a new fuel tank for my 2006 caspian blue tiger and it seems that Triumph cannot supply the tank. Is this a common thread with Triumph and OEM parts? I seem to have problems getting replacement parts formy bike/ Any suggestions?

Mustang

chairhead

Quote from: "Mustang"bike bandit has them listed bring your wallet

$710

http://www.bikebandit.com/2006-triumph- ... r/o/m17662
Ohh Ouch!!,
buy a second hand tank and stick a Bagster cover on it.
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Advwannabe

Frog,

Australia is blessed with a 'wrecker's hotline', where you ring someone in the network and they ask around other wreckers to improve your chances of securing the part.

Do you have something like this in your country?
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

DKWrider

When looking at the OEM parts area for Triumph on Bike Bandit, you will notice they say to allow extra time for shipping due to the parts coming from manufacturer.  So doubt that ordering one from them will be any quicker.

There are several used tiger fuel tanks listed on eBay Motors right now.  Just search under motorcycle parts for "tiger tank".

Don't know if this one is your color or not but it looks blue:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph-Tiger-955i-955-NICE-FUEL-GAS-TANK-/350207003765?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5189f6cc75
2000 Lightning Yellow Tiger

Mustang

Quote from: "DKWrider"When looking at the OEM parts area for Triumph on Bike Bandit, you will notice they say to allow extra time for shipping due to the parts coming from Triumph.  So doubt that ordering one from them will be any quicker.

There are several used tiger fuel tanks listed on eBay Motors right now.  Just search under motorcycle parts for "tiger tank".
their are times when bike bandit can produce when the dealers can't
bike bandit gets their stuff direct from the triumph warehouse is true  , but sometimes it's just that the the dealer really doesn't want to bother is all
but yeah there is no way I would pay 700 for a tank ebay is the way to go !