News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Trophy wheels on a Girly

Started by matts23, July 15, 2010, 05:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matts23

I have been searching for this topic, so I apologize if I somehow missed it.  I am wondering if there is info about the trophy wheel conversion on my 02 Girly.  Is there a difference between trophy 900 and 1200 wheels?  I am looking on ebay at wheels and both are available.  I have the capability of modifying the wheel to some extent as I have a 96 Honda xr400 with CBR600F3 wheels and tires on it.  Just try to stay out of trouble with a supermoto. :shock:   Any info anyone could give me would be much appreciated.
----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

rf9rider

It can be done.

Look at the customer bikes here;

http://www.triumph-ant.co.uk/bikes.html

Send Sandy an Email there, he`s always helpful with info.  :)

blacktiger

Quote from: "rf9rider"It can be done.

Look at the customer bikes here;

http://www.triumph-ant.co.uk/bikes.html

Send Sandy an Email there, he`s always helpful with info.  :)

All the Tigers I come across on there have Dymag wheels not Trophy wheels.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

qbto

Look like Trophy wheels to me, you can tell by the small hole at the bottom of the spoke.

900 and 1200 wheels are the same, Trophy/Daytona/Speed Three/Trident all use the same wheels. Early (<93) 6 spoke wheels also fit but the rears a 18" and narrower rim running a 160 section tyre.

Chris Canning

I put Dymags on mine,what you have to be carefull of is the speedo drive,before i did mine i had all sorts of conflicting info about having to change speedo heads and god knows what,those bike's in the photos may well have triumph wheels in e'm,but how did they sort the speedo?? did they have to change the clock as well???,the wheels are the easy bit,it's all the niggly odds and sods after.

qbto

I know the Steamer's forks are closer together, cause I bought a Tiger top yoke to fit to my Daytona 1200 thinking it would be an easy flat bar conversion.....   :oops:

rf9rider

Most if not all of those Girlies have had the Girly stanchions built into Trophy/Trident lowers to fit the 3 spoke wheels.
At least that what they told me.  :)

qbto

Quote from: "rf9rider"Most if not all of those Girlies have had the Girly stanchions built into Trophy/Trident lowers to fit the 3 spoke wheels.
At least that what they told me.  :)

I would suspect they used Trophy/Trident yokes as well, would be the easiest conversion.

MikeBenzon

I thought Triumph wheels were dymags. ???
Mike Benzon
Burney CA
00 Suzuki DRZ 400S
05 Triumph Tiger Lucifer Orange
08 Harley Ultra Classic Anniversary Copper

http://fast87.smugmug.com/

Chris Canning

Quote from: "MikeBenzon"I thought Triumph wheels were dymags. ???

It would be a nice thought,but not a snowballs chance in hell  :D

qbto

Made by Brembo.

Mustang

Quote from: "qbto"

Made by Brembo.
and they bend really really easy too :oops:

qbto

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "qbto"

Made by Brembo.
and they bend really really easy too :oops:

Yes their made from a special bendy alloy, but they only bend back with a big hammer  :D