News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

more info/video/line drawings on the new Triumph Adventure

Started by jonathan jaecks, September 01, 2010, 10:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

i like it - i like it alot 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Oh Mamma  :shock:

Quoteby lengthening the stroke, a move intended to fatten the torque curve at low revs and make the engine less peaky

Yeah, like the triple needs more torque and is peaky  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Oh Mamma  :shock:

Quoteby lengthening the stroke, a move intended to fatten the torque curve at low revs and make the engine less peaky

Yeah, like the triple needs more torque and is peaky  :roll:

I think they meant the 675 Daytona is (comparatively) peaky ...
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I think they meant the 675 Daytona is (comparatively) peaky ...

You might well have a point there, not ridden a Daytona, had an absolute hoot / scared my self silly on a Street Triple though  :shock:  (more on that soon  :oops: )
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nimrod11

So, after the Steamer, Girly and Bear... now it will be the Mosquito???  :lol:
----------
Tiger 2004

Nick Calne

something about it says, "Beaker"...

But I like it all the same.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Nimrod11

:iagree
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
----------
Tiger 2004

EvilBetty

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Colonel Nikolai

The 2011 "Flying" Tiger. I like it.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Mustang

the road going Tiger  has sorta gone back to it's origins ........albeit more refined .

don't know why they didn't just keep refining the steamer  :icon_scratch

Nimrod11

May be I am just not used to see that angle, but the engine looks so boxy, very low, and sticking out there, no frame around it. Looks like the engine is hanging from under the frame.

Is that the oil filter sticking out in front, just beside the 3 exhaust pipes? Same dumb place as the new Super Tenere? I thought is was much the same engine but it looks very different... to me anyway... :roll:

Tiger 800 and Tiger 1200?!? does this mean the Bear dies? I thought the Bear would continue as a roadie while these new bikes would go back to the abandoned adventure segment.
----------
Tiger 2004

haulin' daze

IF it (onroad version):

1.  Is comfy enough for a 6+ footer.
2.  Is able to carry a large top box on it , no problem.
3. Gets 50+ mph.
4. Actually has a decent charging system (no Sasquatch Fix required).
5. Has a slightly lower seat than 33 inches.

AND

6. People tilt their head sideways (like they do now) when they see me,

THEN,

Goodbye Girly,
Hello "Beaker"!   :thumbsup

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "Mustang"don't know why they didn't just keep refining the steamer  :icon_scratch

I always thought The Steamer is a great bike with one big flaw. The flaw was so big you just accepted it considering everything else that seems "good enough".

It's really top-heavy.

Recently I test drove the Triumph Sprint GT in Reno, Nevada.  I had access to a highway bypass that had just been completed. The road was completely flat like an airport runway. So I cranked on it. The first thing I noticed was how insanely low the center of gravity was compared to the Steamer. Aerodynamics were also really well-sorted. At over 100 MPH my head was in a cone of silence. Heaving into a banked turn, the bike felt like it was gyroscopically controlled. It was awesome. The Steamer could just never come close to that. And nor should it. But the later Girly comes much closer. Just sayin'.

Cheers,

Nick
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.