News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How to replace your crank shaft position sensor

Started by haroldo_psf, October 12, 2010, 09:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I've been reading how to 'scope a crankshaft sensor so will give it a go as soon as I get time.  The book I've been reading gives some example traces so it should be interesting.  If I get anything worthwhile, I'll post it up. :roll:

Oscilloscopes have more uses than I imagined.  You can even do a crude compression test by scoping the current pulled by the starter motor and dual-tracing with the crankshaft sensor.  If the motor pulls less current on one cycle you probably have lower compression.  The cranksensor tells you which cylinder....  Clever eh? :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

haroldo_psf

John,

Are you having issues with your bike that could lead to the crank sensor, or are you just tinkering?
2000 Tiger 885i

Timbox2

Good write up mate, might be worthwhile mentioning that if you have a 955 dont follow this, you wont find the sensor, its on the other end of the crank :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

iansoady

An interesting discussion on how the ECU knows which stroke each cylinder is on here.

Although much of it seems to be informed speculation rather than hard fact, and I confess I'm none the wiser (although feel much more informed).
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650