News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chain roller?

Started by cochris, October 15, 2010, 06:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cochris

Hi all,
Anyone ever tried an aftermarket chain tensioner w/ a roller on a Steamer. Mine's a 97. Just wondering if one of those spring loaded ones would be better than the solid stock mount. Perhaps would save needing a team to adjust the chain properly?

Any thoughts, ideas, or advice would be great :idea:

Thanks.

MtheTiger

No, not me...just fitted the originals along with my new chain & sprockets.
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

rybes

thasa damn good idea. i like it :thumbsup looks like ill be tryin that in the future. ill be sure to do a thread if i do ;)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Nick Calne

You used to be able to get such things for mountain bikes, which was ideal as the length of chain is always changing owing to the gear system, but I didn't know you could get something similar for a motorbike.  I suspect it would be subject to some pretty high loadings at times...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

cochris

Still looking into it, using the bigger KTM's, Suzuki's, and such for a guide. Not much luck yet, but haven't put a bunch of effort in either. Will keep you informed if I find anything. New ideas, thoughts are welcome.