News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

hmmmm

Started by WVdyhrd, October 18, 2010, 08:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVdyhrd

I have a ticking noise on my 01 Girly sounds like low oil but.....

Oil level-check (not mileage for a change yet)
coolant- check
12min reset- check

no noticeable change in performance, just usually when cooler sounds like a tic from low oil....hopin everything is ok. On here researching just thought I'd fish for thoughts
When all else fails, be lucky.

"...he proceeded, taking whatever road his horse pleased: for therin he believed, consisted the true spirit of adventure."- Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes

advrider->wvdyhrd

haroldo_psf

Quote from: "WVdyhrd"I have a ticking noise on my 01 Girly sounds like low oil but.....

Oil level-check (not mileage for a change yet)
coolant- check
12min reset- check

no noticeable change in performance, just usually when cooler sounds like a tic from low oil....hopin everything is ok. On here researching just thought I'd fish for thoughts

This post makes the hair in my spine stand up. I had an episode with my other bike 6 last winter...I had done a valve adustment... To cut story short, after I had it back together and had been riding for maybe a thousand miles or so, I started to hear a clicking, or "tick tick tick" noise that would go up or down in frequence depending on rpm.

Because working on the Concours 14 is such a pain in the a$$, I've had it, and passed it on to the dealer to take it apart and figure this one out.

It turned out, one of the screws that holds the exhaust cam shaft sprocket had its head snapped off, and it fell off in the cam chain guide, and it was rattling between chain, chain chain guide, and cam chain tensioner.

Somehow when the bike got fully warm, the noise would go away, but it was pronounced enough when cold.
2000 Tiger 885i

WVdyhrd

yea mine is at idle and mostly when cold (been 3000mi since it was opened up), with no discernible loss of power, etc. She still is running just fine, but just doesn't sound as good. I'm gonna do an oil change soon. then a coolant flush is soon on the list, we'll see what happens.
When all else fails, be lucky.

"...he proceeded, taking whatever road his horse pleased: for therin he believed, consisted the true spirit of adventure."- Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes

advrider->wvdyhrd