News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic but............

Started by KuzzinKenny, December 01, 2010, 02:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

When the weather's this bad, remember and feed our feathered friends or any wildlife for that matter  :thumbsup

im a big softie when it comes to wildlife  :oops:  i'd share me last deep fryed mars bar and a can O Iron Bru with a bluetit !!  :shock:

and there's a few of them about when its this cold !! boom !! boom !!  :lol:  :lol:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

I wish it were possible to put an ASBO on the Starlings.  I put out ample food for the other birds we get in the garden but the Starlings chase the others off.  

We also have a Robin that has a hard time of it up against the other birds but after watching his feeding patterns for a couple of days I put a few mealworms under some shrubbery where he grubs around but where the others don't seem to bother looking.

We're all a bit soft if the truth were known... :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

John Stenhouse

Feed the Starlings too, 70% decline in numbers of those recently too. Put another kilo out today, only lasts two or three days here  :shock:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

You should see the Starlings go at a lard block.   They love them and it's all gone in about half an hour.  No shortage of them round here BTW... :evil: they are great singers especially on a bright spring morning, but when it comes to feeding the others don't get a look in.  I've also got Wagtails and Bluetits to try to feed.

Whilst on the subjerct of birds, I had a special moment this morning; Red Kites have made a successful return to our area in recent years and I often see them soaring on light thermals in the fields near our village.  Driving back from Peterborough I spotted one circling very low - much lower than normal - and close to the road.  Suddenly it swooped and touched the ground just the other side of the hedge from where I was so I stopped for a look  - just in time to see it steal a small animal from a crow on the ground and make off with it.  I wasn't sure if thhis was normal behaviour until I got home and looked it up.  Seems it is, sort of...
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

zombie2

and put a collar with a bell on any cats you own as they are responsible for the major decline in bird wildlife in britian and europe , they kill just for the sake of it.

Timbox2

Earlier in the year I went to the Red Kite feeding station near Rhayader, amazing, what looked like hundreds of them circling waiting for the tractor to come round with the grub, one of the highlights of the year, unfortunately I didn't have the DSLR then and the compact couldn't do it justice, will have to go back I reckon :)

Just checked the date, was last year actually, thats it im going senile

2016 Tiger Sport

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "zombie2"and put a collar with a bell on any cats you own as they are responsible for the major decline in bird wildlife in britian and europe , they kill just for the sake of it.

+ 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

great advice !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Mustang"

:ImaPoser

NSFW

http://www.myposeforyou.com/albums/Very ... e_tits.jpg

oh wait.......................you mean these

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

haven't seen a pair like that for a long time  :shock:

KK

NKL

To feed the small birds I use fat balls, just string the little net they come in from a small branch making sure there isn't anything near it that a bigger bird can purch on, if the only way of feeding is to hang on to the ball/net itself it seems to only interest the small ones.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Bixxer Bob

So we all have a softer side???   :lol:

KuzzinKenny

I also have one of these feedin at me birdtable................

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdgui ... index.aspx

but its not interested in me fat balls  :shock:

nature, eh !!

it is a stunnin bird !!

KK

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "NKL"To feed the small birds I use fat balls, just string the little net they come in from a small branch making sure there isn't anything near it that a bigger bird can purch on, if the only way of feeding is to hang on to the ball/net itself it seems to only interest the small ones.

everyone thinks they're doing the right thing and then..........

http://www.rspb.org.uk/news/details.asp ... m:9-196968

after seein this i got a fat ball holder and remove the nets !!

KK

aeronca

got a few of these guy's up by me, but i dont think i'll be feeding them 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Spud

Kenny is only fattening them up so he can eat them when all the other food runs out, -21 bit  :shock:  cool up north mate. Take care cheers Spud  :wink: