News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Crankcase breather tube cause stalling?

Started by bigbehr, February 27, 2011, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbehr

I recently took my 2001 Tiger to the shop to repair a flat tire. I figured why not have a few things fixed....new brakes, new chain/sprockets, tune up, change filters, injectors cleaned.... The bike now runs like crap!!! I have owned the bike for 6 months (31K miles). It used to run fine, except for the bike occasionally stalling when warmed up. I have learned on here it probably is the TPS. I noticed today that a few hoses are unhooked... The crankcase breather tube is one. Stupid question coming..... Is it supposed to be connected to the bottom of the air cleaner? I assume so... Could this be the cause of the bike stalling at low RPM's? It also backfires now. Can anyone recommend a shop in Phoenix who actually knows what they are doing? Live and learn.... Thx

iansoady

The pipe should indeed be connected although I can't see that causing the problem. However, if they left that one off chances are they've left something else off as well - the pipes to the IACV would be my guess.

As mentioned in another thread, the only way to know a good job's been done is to do it yourself.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

akendall1966

I would suspect either IACV hose off or perished and split on one of the bends.
----AK-----