News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How to tighten front chain sprocket nut

Started by tett, February 26, 2011, 10:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tett

The new sprockets are on and connected by a new chian.  The Girly is looking good.

Is there any trick to getting the nut which holds the front sprocket tight?  No matter what gear the bike is in the engine turns when I try to tighten the nut.

Cheers!

tett
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

Timbox2

Quote from: "tett"The new sprockets are on and connected by a new chian.  The Girly is looking good.

Is there any trick to getting the nut which holds the front sprocket tight?  No matter what gear the bike is in the engine turns when I try to tighten the nut.

Cheers!

tett

You need a buddy standing on the brake pedal.
2016 Tiger Sport

tett

Thanks!

Duh, I should have thoght of that.

Cheers

tett

Quote from: "Timbox2"
Quote from: "tett"The new sprockets are on and connected by a new chian.  The Girly is looking good.

Cheers!

tett

98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

Mustang

Quote from: "tett"Thanks!

Duh, I should have thoght of that.

Cheers

tett

Quote from: "Timbox2"

Cheers!

tett

or a lovely assistant

JTT

Quote from: "Mustang"or a lovely assistant

...you mean supervisor don't you Mustang  8)
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

Mustang

Quote from: "JTT"
Quote from: "Mustang"or a lovely assistant

...you mean supervisor don't you Mustang  8)
you got me ......... but it was her bike after all , but for some reason I got stuck with the dirty end of that detail  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

jwray76

or you can do it yourself with a decent sized torque wrench. Alternatively if you have cast wheels you can put a board between the wheel and swing arm... good to have options when you are lonely wrenching  :D