News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

quiet helmet

Started by BruKen, March 05, 2011, 05:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruKen

My Caberg is noisy as hell. There are two helmets I am currently looking at to replace it.

Shoie Quest or Schubeth S1 ( NOT S1 PRO)

I'm really after the quietest helmet @ about 250 quid. I'm leaning towards Shoie, any advice based on personal experience would be appreciated.

Timbox2

Quote from: "BruKen"My Caberg is noisy as hell. There are two helmets I am currently looking at to replace it.

Shoie Quest or Schubeth S1 ( NOT S1 PRO)

I'm really after the quietest helmet @ about 250 quid. I'm leaning towards Shoie, any advice based on personal experience would be appreciated.

Ive got a Shoei Multitec and a Schuberth C2 ( Both Flips). The Schuberth is quieter by a mile for me and the sun visor is also a plus but the downside of the C2 is no pinlock visor system. Its fine at speed but if its raining in town say, it mists up big time, even with the so called anti fog coating :?

Funnily enough I believe the S1Pro and the newer C3 now have pinlock
2016 Tiger Sport

CoolHandLuke

Yes, C3 has pinlock.

Jaythro

Queitest helmet ever

BMW Sportintegrale

Not the worlds most expensive either and quite light too

BUT not a Flip up

Timbox2

Quote from: "Jaythro"Queitest helmet ever

BMW Sportintegrale

Not the worlds most expensive either and quite light too

BUT not a Flip up

Thats a point, was in a BM showroom the other day and they were knocking out a couple of the older models very cheap, alledgedly BM helmets are made by schuberth.
2016 Tiger Sport

BruKen

Thanks for the help guys. I'll give BMW a call. Their Evo 5 I had with the GS was quiet. Funny how I didn't appreciate it at the time.

Sin_Tiger

My C3 is pretty quiet as claimed and has the brilliant Cardo (made for Schuberth) Bluetooth. Got a second one for the UK last leave (wife wanted to ride so I had to buy another helmet  :wink: ) and the manager at Hein Gericke in Glasgow made the mistake of telling me that white ones were not popular, whereupon I managed to negotiate 15% off 8)

Having said that I also have the newer Caberg Sintesi and there is little in it between that and the Schuberth as regards noise and miles better than the Justissimo if that's what you have.

Also recently picked up an HJC IS Multi which is brilliantly light and surprisingly quiet even though it doesn't have a front part of a neck skirt 7 helmets in one as they say and the field of view is fabulous. Very competitively priced and nicely finished.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

oxnsox

The Shoie Multitec  comes with an acessory collar which cuts out a little noise.... maybe its an option on the Quest??

But having said that I think the Multitec is noisier than the flip-face Nolan it replaced. (Which someone stole so I couldn't do a comparison).

And of course (and not wanting to start another screen debate thread), the main source of noise is actually the buffeting caused by your screen.....  
Lower screen = less buffeting but more wind
Taller screen = less wind but (often) more buffeting
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Midnight Rambler

My current C2 is a very good lid apart from lack of pinlock, I am looking for a replacement but the C3 is just too damn pricey.
I like the look of the Shark Evoline 2, anyone tried one?
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

NKL

Custom made ear plugs, fantastic
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Spud

I have a C3 and custom ear plugs cos I like to hear things  :D  WHAT ! :oops:  cheers Spud  :wink:

akendall1966

C3 becuase it fits my head  :roll: just my luck to be born with and expensive shaped head. + http://www.jc-motorcycle-accessories.co.uk/shop/443_15/1/intercoms__headphones/motrax_earbud_sound_isolating_earphones.htm? and cheap bluetooth pendant if I am using the sat nav. Disposable ear plugs if I know where I am going.

for dB/££ no helmet can compete with earplugs, go custom plugs if disposables irritate your ears.
----AK-----