News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

carb o rings

Started by rybes, April 06, 2011, 01:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

afternoon all. i been lookin throo the forum to see if i can find out how a steamer runs when the float assembly o rings go, but no joy. can anyone tell me what the symptoms of dodgey o rings are ?

cheers :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

dave NL

What I know of it, the carbs will overflow.
Getting the tiger back on the road.

Mustang

Quote from: "rybes"afternoon all. i been lookin throo the forum to see if i can find out how a steamer runs when the float assembly o rings go, but no joy. can anyone tell me what the symptoms of dodgey o rings are ?

cheers :D
floods the airbox .....runs really really bad at low rpm , will run like a scalded ape once you get it up into the higher rpms (6500 and up)
and if they are leaking bad enough you will end up with gasoline in your oil sump as the excess will wash past the rings , if left long enough you will destroy the rings and cylinder liner , because of lubrication being washed away by fuel .

that is worse case scenarios , most likely you will notice it won't barely run at idle or not at all without having to constantly blip the throttle and keep it up in the higher rpms

rybes

cheers mustang. when i get this pipe fixed ill take a closer look ;)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)