News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1998 Triumph T595

Started by bjago, April 20, 2011, 07:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjago

I am selling my Triumph T595 Daytona with approx 36K miles.

If you are unfamiiliar with these models this is Triumph answer to the Japanese manufacturers in the 1000cc class. The T595 has a bit of mystery about them due to the confusing model name. The T595 comes from T5=fifth generation engine design and 955cc=shortened to 95. This model name only lasted for two years then Triumph changed the bike to T955 Daytona for the 1999 model year. With the single sided swing arm and high level exhaust and rounded shape of the body this is quite a nice looking bike even compared to todays cookie cutter style of production.

This bike has given me 25K miles of memories from countless trips around the Northwest and California to a 700 mile day trip to California to a weekend trip to Baker City and the Hells Canyon Dam. I have read that this model was called the gentlemens sport bike when compared to contemorary sportbikes. People are intrigued by the bike and the unusual sound of the 955 triple engine with its raucous sound when they hear it.

I have maintained this bike with Mobil One oil and Triumph filters every 5K miles.
A new Triumph radiator cap installed replaced as a maintenance item (the stock cap fails over time and cause the engine to run hot)
Honda brand and Wetter Water changed about 5K miles ago
Fresh Pirelli Diablo Strada tires about 2K miles old
Supersprockets rear Tri-metal sprocket and Renthal front sprocket 2 up in the rear and 1 down in the front and an RK chain about 5K miles old
Triumph TOR (Triumph Off-Road) high level carbon fiber exhaust
Two Bros Vario handle bars with Motonation bar end weights for a more upright riding postion
Skyking products rear fender clean up kit

I am asking $3600.00 OBO
I'm not interested in any trades
More detailed pictures available on request
Pit Bull rear wheel stand may be negotiated into the deal
The bike is located in Battle Ground Washington
Thanks
Brent

05 Triumph Tiger 45K miles (lucifer orange)
98 Triumph Tiger 80K miles (sold)
98 Triumph T595 33K miles (sold :-(
04 MV Agusta Brutale 2500 miles (wifes)
93 GSXR 1100 85K miles (totalled)
91 GSXR 750 75K miles (sold)
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

Bixxer Bob

I remember the press testing this bike against 'Blades, Quacks and Gixxers of the time.  It held it's own, although not as sharp a track day tool as the others, it was thought to be the best real-world bike of the set.  They were all more capable than most ridersare, but the Daytona was more user friendly.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JetdocX

Man, that is one pretty red bike there.  How can you even stand to part with it? :cry:
From parts unknown.

bjago

Quote from: "JetdocX"Man, that is one pretty red bike there.  How can you even stand to part with it? :cry:

I am clearing the fleet of some vehicles. My wife and I have 3 four wheeled vehicles and 4 two wheeled vehicles, all of which need registration and insurance.

Trust me I hate to do it.
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

bjago

Anyone?
I'm willing to negotiate.
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

akendall1966

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I remember the press testing this bike against 'Blades, Quacks and Gixxers of the time.  It held it's own, although not as sharp a track day tool as the others, it was thought to be the best real-world bike of the set.  They were all more capable than most ridersare, but the Daytona was more user friendly.

Yep precise steering, tracks like it is on rails increadible front brake, had mine 12 years cant see it ever going.
----AK-----