News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Replaced airbox/sparkplugs... now wont start...

Started by Jomama, April 28, 2011, 06:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

no they fire 1-2 -3

Jomama

Quote from: "Mustang"no they fire 1-2 -3

I was just referring to the cylinder numbering thats indicated on the plug wires, not the firing order.

Little yellow plastic ring on each plug-wire with a # on it..  The order from left to right is 1-3-2 iirc..  

I don't see how I could of reversed them, the plug wires arn't long enough.
1996 Tiger
2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Dbl Cab Longbed SR5
**sold** /cry...  1993 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser

Mustang

#1 (left cyl) coil  has red wire and green /slate wire to coil , plug wire #1

#2 (middle cyl) coil has red wire and yellow/ blue wire, plug wire #2

#3 (right cyl) coil has red wire and brown / yellow wire , plug wire #3

Jomama

Quote from: "Mustang"#1 (left cyl) coil  has red wire and green /slate wire to coil , plug wire #1

#2 (middle cyl) coil has red wire and yellow/ blue wire, plug wire #2

#3 (right cyl) coil has red wire and brown / yellow wire , plug wire #3

Thanks, I guess unless my memory is off, I may have them swapped (or the plug wires came swapped from PO)..

/smacks myself in head and gives myself a face-palm...
1996 Tiger

Jomama

Quote from: "Jomama"Thanks, I guess unless my memory is off, I may have them swapped (or the plug wires came swapped from PO)..

/smacks myself in head and gives myself a face-palm...

This...

/smacks self again...  such a idiot!

Thanks 'stang and everyone for the input, the help is priceless...  I have no recollection of switching these around, I absolutely replaced them in a sequence, one at a time, but I had 2 & 3 plug-wires reversed...  Bike fired right up.
1996 Tiger

Mustang

Jomama

Yes thats definitely what I was doing when it started..

I think I must of switched them after I installed new #3 plug, put the wire on, and then belabored the next two hours trying to get the #2 out, losing the plug socket down there for a while, extracting, going to sears for new elbow extension. losing it again, taping socket to extension, tape pulls off, ad infinitum.....  

I must of pulled #3 out of the way at some point in all that w/out thinking about it.    $*$*%## overhead cam's & deep plug holes... :D
1996 Tiger

dave NL

Good to hear the tiger runs again!! :D
Getting the tiger back on the road.