News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

wet weather boots

Started by rybes, May 21, 2011, 01:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolHandLuke

Daytona Road Star Gore Tex are my main boots.

I have a pair of Altberg Hogg High All Weather for Winter and as reserve.

PeteH

Quote from: "daveb"I bought a pair os Sidi courier about 18 months ago, I recommend them, a bit pricey thought £200.  very comfy  can ware them all day

I`ve had mine about 7 years now...just about broke them in :wink: Great boot, bit heavy mind, but sturdy in right places and they hav`nt leaked :D
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

abruzzi

I wear a pair of Doc Martens industrial boots.  5 years old, and I can still ride through a river and stay dry.  I'm not sure they still make the style I wear, but I love these boots.

Geof

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "abruzzi"I wear a pair of Doc Martens industrial boots.  5 years old, and I can still ride through a river and stay dry.  I'm not sure they still make the style I wear, but I love these boots.

Geof
I used to wear Docs, not for riding though.  The soles always wore out in no time at all and I stopped buying them :(

HockleyBoy

I am wearing Oxtar Infinty boots, wear them every day, 4 years old, very comfortable, warm enough in winter and have never leaked once.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

The Midnight Rambler

Altberg get my vote every time
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

John Stenhouse

I've got Sidi couriers, brilliant boot, think they call them adventurer or something in the states.

As to waterproof stuff, any boot will do if you use Sealskinz waterproof socks. Get the long ones, they take a bit of finding but are utterly brilliant.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

dickenbacker

Damn I need some new glasses, I was looking forward to seeing some wet weather boobs...  :(

MtheTiger

QuoteAltberg get my vote every time

Visited Altberg on my way to Scotland last year...great shop !!
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

armadillo76

Had good luck in the past with Triumph goretex boots but lost them in the fire. Properly maintained Aerostich Combat Touring boots work well too. Worse case have some waterproof socks on hand (or on foot I suppose).
AndyB, NH.