News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Side stand angle? Does this look right?

Started by Jomama, May 01, 2010, 10:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jomama

Seems like my bike leans more than when I got it a few years ago.  Was wondering if it looks like its bending at the oem angle already on it.

Cheers!
1996 Tiger
2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Dbl Cab Longbed SR5
**sold** /cry...  1993 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser

Mustang

it's not usually the stock bend that bends  it's more like this section I highlighted bends into a sorta u shape  
also if you crank the bolt down tight it will pull out any slop in the bracket as it's threaded to the backside of the kickstand , and then tighten up the lock nut on the backside
helps eliminate some of the lean by removing the slop .

Jomama

Cool, thanks for the clarification.  Sometimes it just seems like its way over on the verge of taking a dirtnap, it might just be uneven ground/perspective I look at it.
1996 Tiger

Jomama

Quote from: "Mustang"also if you crank the bolt down tight it will pull out any slop in the bracket as it's threaded to the backside of the kickstand , and then tighten up the lock nut on the backside
helps eliminate some of the lean by removing the slop .

Bingo, I hadn't even tried to wiggle it yet.  There is quite a bit of play. However, I took the locking nut off and I cant get the bolt to back out, it just spins, it also just spins going on, it doesn't ever tighten up.  Very confusing, I can see the threads on the backside spinning.  I tried to give it some help by pushing it out while I spin it but no go..
1996 Tiger

Mustang

threads are probably stripped in the kickstand

NeilD

nut and bolt are tight on mine but lots of wiggle on the sidestand.

I picked up a new sidestand on fleabay, so will order a new bolt and then look at getting a bush inserted into the pivot hole, as I guess its that thats worn rather than the bolt.

looking at the mounting plate theres a large torxhead bolt which looks like it needs to be removed - does this just thread into the frame or is it holding something else on? I might try and pick up another mount plate and get that sorted out and just swap them over rather than havign the bike off the road...