News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Pistons all cleaned and polished.

rf9rider

Next job is to give the calipers a few coats of paint.  :)

rf9rider

Calipers sprayed with 5 coats of Hammerite satin black.
Due to the cold weather, they are currently sitting in front of the radiator in the front room, much to Mrs RF`s annoyance  :lol:
Will let them dry off until the weekend, then i can rebuild and fit them hopefully.

rybes

comin tgeva nicely aint it mate   :wink:  just ben outside and cleaned mine. which reminds me, do you have a relative that works for DPD ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"comin tgeva nicely aint it mate   :wink:  just ben outside and cleaned mine. which reminds me, do you have a relative that works for DPD ?

Cheers mate  :)

No relative i know of works for them, why you ask?

rf9rider

Calipers dried out, so rebuilt them with new seals, new stainless bolts, new stainless bleed nipples and finally got the Goodrich hoses fitted i bought a few months ago.
The eagle eyed amongst you will have spotted a cable guide bracket hanging off the left side hose, that needs fixing to the mudguard, fitted one the other side for the brake hose and speedo cable.
New pads to fit and then needs bleeding.

rybes

cos i had some stuff delivered by dpd the other day. the bloke that dropped it off knew exactly what me bike was and said he had an uncle with 2 of em. didnt know if it was you or not  :wink:
the bloke who come round used to own a speed triple and knew his stuff bout triumphs.

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"cos i had some stuff delivered by dpd the other day. the bloke that dropped it off knew exactly what me bike was and said he had an uncle with 2 of em. didnt know if it was you or not  :wink:
the bloke who come round used to own a speed triple and knew his stuff bout triumphs.

Nothing to do with me Rybes  :)

Bixxer Bob

Spacers are ready.....  :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Spacers are ready.....  :roll:

Thanks mate, i have Emailed and PM`ed you on here.

Just awaiting a reply  :lol:

rf9rider

Not happy with the routing of the front brake lines.
They should go forward from the caliper, although i`ve just realised the fittings are different between the Tiger and Trophy calipers, i needed the Trophy ones, which i think are 45 degree, as the current fittings catch the caliper mount on the forks.
Don`t know whether to try and "mod" these or get some more lines with the correct fittings.
Anyone tried bending stainless steel fittings?  :lol:

Bixxer Bob

You know ehe answer to that. No compromise where brakes are concerned :)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"You know ehe answer to that. No compromise where brakes are concerned :)

Yup, think i`ll have to get some Tiger lines with 45 degree fittings on.

More expense  :cry:

rybes

dont buy the whole line. gto an get jus the ends. there a compression fittin n real easy to fit  :D

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"dont buy the whole line. gto an get jus the ends. there a compression fittin n real easy to fit  :D

Good idea, was just looking on their site, looks like an easy swap  :lol:

If it goes wrong, i know who to blame...............  :lol: