News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Any other "early" 885's out there?

Started by mtrdrms, September 26, 2011, 02:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtrdrms

Just wondering what map number you are using.  I am doing my homework here and trying to gather as much information as possible.  Also who has the earliest VIN on this board?
1999 Tiger (approx 53k miles)

"To reject the part of the buddha that attends to the analysis of motorcycles is to miss the buddha entirely."
-Robert Pirsig

Loops

Yup mine's an 885i and I think an early one at that.

Been running the TOR tune and pipe since almost day one.  Never changed it or tweaked it - 'cos I don't know how.  Also what ain't broke don't need fixing.

She was regstered for the road on 11th June 99.

VIN ends in 5036.  No idea what this relates to but I'm guesing someone will tell us.

She was a dealer demo bike done 600miles when I bought it and now is pushing 80,000 miles.

Cheers

Loops
The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)

PeteH

No idea what map its using but as its got a TOR can on I assume its running that.
First registered 3 June 99
Last VIN digits 3375

Im sure I have spotted some bits dated 1998 though??
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

SSchultz

Mine is registered on 01/04/99.
VIN ends 3768.
No clue what map is using.Bike is in perfect condition,got the black tank with the three white stripes and looks just like an 995i.Bought it in August,put a lot of extras on it and done 5k miles so far.
Veery pleased with it so far

1998..?I'm sure that in that year they only make the Steamer(I owned a '93 one just before buying this kitten ;)
Anyway,can't wait for spring and  Continental touring  :D