News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

M8 Sleeve dimensions

Started by 97tiger885, November 01, 2011, 10:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

OK the bastards at TriumphNA do not have the one part I really need, the M8 sleeve from the rear brake strut.  This is item 15 on the BikeBandit schematic for the '97 Tiger under "Rear Brake Disc" which is located under "Control and Brake."  The BB number is 1380411.  Anybody want to take 1/2 hour, remove this sleeve, measure the outer dimensions and post them?  All you need do is undo the bolt, remove it, lift up the strut and pull out the sleeve.  (You may have to loosen the top bolt of the brake assembly to allow the strut to rotate off of the tab.) It is easily accessible.  

The bolt is located in the forward tab on the top of the right side of the swing arm.  This photo shows the tab with the strut removed from it.

Mustang

How about you PM me your address and I'll make ya one ....................

BruKen

It doesn't get better than that   :hello2

theclowncrusty

Mustang.... you tha man!!!!

97tiger885

Quote from: "Mustang"How about you PM me your address and I'll make ya one ....................

YeeHaa, you gotta lov it.  Thanks, M.

+++++++++
Jon