News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Road tires for my 2005 955i Tiger

Started by Kraftsman 73, November 15, 2011, 05:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Quote from: "jphish"Just checked - PR2 front does NOT come in a 955 tiger size...But PR3's DO! 110/80/19 & 150/70/17 - Perfect! I only have experience with the 2's - But 3's should do just as well. Maybe even better ??

There are guys on the BMW site I frequent raving about the PR3's, especially in the wet, some also talk about getting 10k miles out of em on the rear, personally I think they must be pushing the bikes rather than riding. :roll:
2016 Tiger Sport

jphish

Timbox2 - I think Starbucks parking lots have a special asphalt compound that extends tire life for the frequent 'blue propeller' folks. But REALLY, These PR's get fabulous mileage & dont give anything up on road performance. Dirt however, is NOT recommended. Had a set of PR2's on my Uly - got 13K out of a rear & rode it pretty hard. I'm a believer. With the addition of the 800xc, my Girly is now relegated to 'road bike' status - the PR3's will be my next tire.

Neil1052

I'd been thinking of PR3, or Storm 2's.
Got 10k+ on my 1050ST rear even with spirited progressive riding on PR2's ;)

I've Battlewings on at the mo, & they have not impressed me in the wet, but do have lots of tread left, otherwise I'd swop asap    :?

Other tigger riders thought me barking for considering such a thing, so nice to think am not alone in wanting to put road tyres on such a great all rounder :D
Thus bats rally quack

Patman1200

I have a set of Dymags fitted and run road tyres.

I have tried Avon Azaros and Bridgestone BT020's, but they didn't inspire safe feelings in the wet and cold.
I have been running Pirelli Angel ST's for the last 20,000 miles and they are brilliant. No warm up time, not deflected on white lines, don't care about the wet and feel safe on roads in very cold icy conditions.

I got 10,000 miles out of the last rear, but it was down to the canvas!
2001 Tiger 955i - Stock
1998 Bandit 1200 - Holeshot Stage 1 kit
2000 TTR 250 - Mud machine
1996 Bandit 400 vv - Screamer

TigerTrax

I don't think you can beat Anakee for grip & miles.

I get 10 -12K+ on rear and change front 1 every other rear.

I put on a set of Distanzas and had freaky wear bumps the size of
quarters every 2-3 inches right down the center. Talked with dealer
he said he could help me only if I replaced with Avaon tires.... I said no,
going back to Anakee.

Used to like Tourance... but Anakee out performed them also.

Price is a bitch.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Sin_Tiger

+1 for Anakee's I and II's are even better, had them on both the Varadero and the Steamer.

Very road tires, friend just changed to PR III's on the Striple and he raves about them, especially in the wet, not sure about Girly sizes though.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

tigergotcha

Road use? Pirelli Scorpion Trail - very good overall performances and mileage  (second set on now...)

matts23

+2 for Anakee 2's.  I only have worn out Tourances to compare to though.  When I put the Michelin's on, it turned in so fast it was a little scary at first.  Now that I am used to it, I can hustle that big pig through corners as fast as my XR400 supermoto.
----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

Yankee Dog

I have a Shiko 705 on the front and a Pilot Road ?2? on the rear. I actually did this by accident when I needed a replacement while on the road. Seem I ran through the rear 705 faster than expected and I was worried about making it home while on tour. Now I think I like it. The 705 helps my steering on the gravel but still has plenty of stick on the pavement.