News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Metal Fuel Fittings

Started by EvilBetty, January 19, 2009, 08:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

QuickCouplings.net are awesome.  I called them up and explained that I had bought two 3/8" fittings and needed a 1/4" to replace one.  I was willing to pay return shipping and pay a restocking fee if needed.  These great people grabbed a 1/4" off the shelf and mailed it out to me free of charge... and it was here in two days!  LOVE companies with this kind of customer service!

I didn't pull the hose off to check, but the supply fitting on the fuel rail looks like it might have a stepped fitting, meaning it's 1/4" on the tip and 3/8" further up, but that's a guess.  If anyone has a chance to look next time they have the tank off I'd be curious what another set of eyes has to say on the matter.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

EvilBetty

sorry moved to new post.

Bruincounselor

Bruin\'

gilly527

Maybe I missed it, but does anybody know of a place online to source the Viton/Buna-A o-rings for the male connections without special ordering a hundred of them?!

I've got GRG (Gas Resistant Grease) on mine right now which is preventing them from leaking for the time being. But they need replace badly as they have both got slices out of them.
2001 Triumph Tiger 955i.

EvilBetty

I'd check in the HELP section of your auto parts store first.  Then your Triumph / BMW / Ducati dealerships.

If you really need them online,
http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/triumph ... 1611-p.asp

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/product.p ... 1_6__viton

crinker

Thanks for the great thread.  After a fuel line leak, I decided to replace the fittings with the Team Triumph kit along with new fuel injector line after reviewing this thread.  I never had the tank off before, so that took longer figuring that out than doing the upgrades and longer still cause I left out the front tank grommet on final assembly.  Thanks for the tips and photos that made the job go well.

EvilBetty

Glad to help, but you should take your tank off more often... just for fun. :)

I got to the point I could have mine off in under 5 minutes, and back on in not much longer.  I had to tear it down in a service bay because the tech who was doing the head bearing adjustment didn't think he had time to take the tank off.

JonathanC

Hi, i just ordered a replacement connector for my bike. Will that come with the plastic part and spring that was inside the old one cause I cant find the spring and the little plastic part inside is now broken? Thanks