News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Which Scottoiler?

Started by BigDan, January 17, 2012, 02:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

06 Tiger Scott oiler from new never had a problem, infact I always put a oiler on every bike I own.  I turn mine up until it's oiling the back wheel. I used to time it at 2 drops a minute then I grew up  :shock:  cheers Spud  :wink:

Bixxer Bob

The stuck throttle was mine, nearly killed me! Read here

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... t=throttle
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

chinchliffe

I use one of these, http www.tutorochainoiler.com ,and for about £20 it is superb.

MarkShelley

Quote from: "chinchliffe"I use one of these, http www.tutorochainoiler.com ,and for about £20 it is superb.

I also owned a tutoro for a very short while. The components are really cheap plastic and I think even £20 is too much, but more importantly you have to manually turn the thing on and off with a poxy little tap. Who is going to bother with that? It is easier to lube your chain once a week.
This ole World keeps spinning round, it`s a wonder tall trees aint layin down.

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Honda MT50/C90 Hybrid racing moped!
Yamaha DT50MX

jammed_stick

I use Prooiler. http://www.pro-oiler.net/
Really advanced microprocessor controlled oiler.
Works really nice in all wheather conditions.
Read the info and you will understand why it's superior compared to other competitors... and NO I do not have shares in Prooiler, just a satisfied guy ... ;)

Chain adjusted only twice since it was replaced on 28000 km !
Sprockets looks almost like new...
First chain was worn out at the same distance (When I used chain grease).

A couple of days before my trip to North Cape, I had to change rear tire becuase it was worn out.
Unfortenately I was a bit careless when remowing rear wheel which damaged the nozzle. Didn't have time to get spare parts so I had to buy some chain spray instead.
I used the chain spray twice every day. When I came home I noticed the chain had slacked a lot, I would say much more on 5700 km than on 28 000 km with the oiler.

aesdj

I wouldn't touch a Scot after one knackered one of my cyclinders on my CB250 Superdream. The pipe split and caused that one to run weak and because you carn't see it you don't know untill you take the tank off once a year to do the plugs.Thats my theroy anyway.Ive got one of these and its been great http://www.pdoiler.co.uk/ Its the same as the Motrax Lubetronic Chain Oiler but with that if you want the flow adjuster its £20 more which tuck this up to £90. If my memory serves me right I asked why the 2 oilers looked the same and he said because he designed the Motax version but don't quote me just ask him yourself if you want to check.

BigDan

Can anyone with a scottoiler on a Girly please post pics of where you mounted and how you routed the main delivery cable?

I've tied the unit to the water hose on mine, but I'm trying to work the best way to get it onto my swingarm without it going anywhere near the chain.

I am open to putting the unti elsewhere.

Cheeers guys
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

Bixxer Bob

Did you get a standard or a touring kit Dan?

I have the delivery tube tie-wrapped to the left subframe rail down to the swing arm. On the swing arm I made up an aluminium tube using mini pipe bender. It delivers from the pivot, along the SA to the home-made twin-nib oiler.  Ally tube came from an aero model shop.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,10778

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BigDan

I got standard, planning on having a loobtube or similar in the future :)

Cheers for the pics, i'll nip to a model shop tomorrow :) Do you remember what size you used?

Bixxer Bob

I think it was  6mm but not sure. I took a small piece of the delivery tube with me a tried it for fit

BigDan

I went to a few model shops and none stocked it, thought about going to B&Q but not too sure about their high prices! For now I've stolen a little plastic Y connector from my chain cleaner (kettenmax) and cut a wire hanger up and used bits of it taped to some normal scottoiler tubing to make it sturdy xD A right old bodge job, but it actually looks ok.

Anyway! Reason for post is I got a bit worried about taking the tank and airbox off when I saw a shit load of bolts e.t.c. on the tank and light was getting thin, so I'm setting myself a whole day on saturday to take off tank and airbox, connect scottoiler to engine, and reassemble.

Any tips for the tank/airbox? Anything I should be looking out for? The connections look complicated.

Cheers guys!

Bixxer Bob

It's straight forward, take photo sas you go and make notes, then you'll not forget anything when you re-assemble.

Re the tube, pick model shops that sell model aircraft ( the radio controlled type) they nearly all stock it. failing that, PMme and let me know what you need and I'll source some for you.

Tigertriple

Quote from: "BigDan"I went to a few model shops and none stocked it, thought about going to B&Q but not too sure about their high prices! For now I've stolen a little plastic Y connector from my chain cleaner (kettenmax) and cut a wire hanger up and used bits of it taped to some normal scottoiler tubing to make it sturdy xD A right old bodge job, but it actually looks ok.

Anyway! Reason for post is I got a bit worried about taking the tank and airbox off when I saw a shit load of bolts e.t.c. on the tank and light was getting thin, so I'm setting myself a whole day on saturday to take off tank and airbox, connect scottoiler to engine, and reassemble.

Any tips for the tank/airbox? Anything I should be looking out for? The connections look complicated.

Cheers guys!

Taking the tank off is not as bad as you might think. Just allow yourself plenty of time that way it won't stress you out. I have had my tank off quite a few times now and it only takes  about 10 - 15 mins. Make sure the tank is close to empty as its a heavy bastard to lift even at half full.

While you've got the tank off its worth changing the plugs and cleaning or renewing the air filter. Also worth doing a throttle balance if you can get a loan of or buy a Morgan Carbtune. They cost about £60.00.

Check the vacuum hoses and it's well worth replacing them with new hose. I did mine last year and I did put a post on here with pics. I didn't use Triumph hoses. I bought a length of vacum hose on fleabay and have had no Problems with it. It cost only a couple of quid.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ght=#72129

One last thing. When you put the tank back on you'll get the engine management light coming on. Don't worry about it as it will reset after 3 warm ups of the engine. I hope this info helps.
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

BigDan

Quote from: "Tigertriple"One last thing. When you put the tank back on you'll get the engine management light coming on. Don't worry about it as it will reset after 3 warm ups of the engine. I hope this info helps.

I'm so glad you posted that, or I would have been freaking out lol xD

Cheers guys, I'm gonna do it this Saturday so I've got tonnes of time.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "BigDan"..... so I've got tonnes of time.

Metric ones at that! :lol: