News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What y`all doing?

Started by rf9rider, January 22, 2012, 02:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeteH

Quote from: "flaco"Tigger due 36,000 mile service soon.

Wot..oil and filter :D

Bit of a service time for me also..37k ish..so,

Expansion tank removed and cleaned
Tank off to get a paint bubble sorted
Fresh plugs...when the arrive.
K & N to fit.. as above
Fork oil change...just need to get the  mudguard screws out of those stupid rubber doinsis..arrggghhh
Service calipers and new front pads
Oil and filter change

Oh..and fit the new to me MRA Vario

Roll on Spring :D
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

HockleyBoy

Had my 50k service done Friday (at 57k miles). Feels like a new Tiger again.
Fitted new indicator and cover and gave the bike a good clean at the wekend.
Other than that commuting on her as usual.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Rocinante

Rocinante´s status:

Forks off - new used forks being overhauled at the moment, rear shock off and overhauled - and snapped off the banjo bolt for the external reservoir - and in the mail on it´s way back to the overhauler.
Other than that, brake system overhaul not started, rear wheel rebuild to 18 inches not started, finish work paused, replacement of crashed parts paused, lowering foot pegs not started, lowering of brake pedal and gear shifter not started, rebuild seat not started.

Nothing much of the planned actions happening at the moment, in other words. Pity really, since outside the winter roads are perfect.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

Nick Calne

What going on...?

Steamer 1 is looking out the window getting very bored.

Steamer 2 (the project) is awaiting new tank from America and minor mods to exhaust system to complete major build items.

Daytona is gathering dust.

I, on the other hand.

Business 1 - working my ass off

Business 2 - working my ass off

Business 3 - working my ass off

and not riding much.   :evil:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

NeilD

got out on the 800 on all of last weeks 'days off', then fitted the ventura luggage stuff to it and a satnav mount (although I'm still not sure whats wrong with bits of paper taped to the tank  :D )...  
first day off today and looking at the weather looks like i'll be mostly fettling rather than riding - clean out replacement fuel tank for the Ducati and check it doesnt leak, then fit screen on t'other halfs Suzuki-thing...

John Stenhouse

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"
Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Planning a trip to Essen for the classic car show in March

Details? :D

Taking the Tigger, crossing Monday 19th March, staying in Brugge, then on to Essen for tuesday and wednesday, weds afternoon and evening at the show, thursday back to Brugge and home Friday.

Probably P&O from Dover cost £35 last year.

Welcome to tag along, being a wuss and hoteling it both places so not a cheapo week but a nice way to blow the cobwebs of winter away.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

Wife's birthday conflict  :(
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NKL

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Wife's birthday conflict  :(

So what's the answer then?
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Tigertriple

Finally got a chance to fit my Hepco & Becker engine bars today. Easy to fit and look pretty good.

Also ordering a set of Mustang pegs in anticipation of the biking season starting.

If I can stretch my budget I'm hoping to get new tyres next month. Thinking of changing to Road Pilots. Anakees 2s fitted at present.

Looking forward to getting out and about  :D
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Sin_Tiger

Pilot Road 3 are excellent, especially in the wet, if you are going for a strictly road tire. Not sure if the milage will be so good with the Girly being a bit heavier than a Striple.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Pilot Road 3 are excellent, especially in the wet, if you are going for a strictly road tire. Not sure if the milage will be so good with the Girly being a bit heavier than a Striple.

Over on one of the BM forums there are guys talking about getting 2-3000 miles more mileage from PR3's than they have with any other tyre, also knee down grip in the wet :shock:  Not sure they do a 19" Front mind.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

When it comes to road tyres it's a 2 horse race either Pilot Road 2/3's or Road Smarts,the Mich Road wears better,the Road Smart steers quicker(alot),Tim and I had the same culture shock when changing from one to the other  :shock: