News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Not quite a Tiger, though it is yellow and black

Started by Mossy, February 01, 2012, 06:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy

I know its not a Hinckley Tiger but the motor is close to Tiger 110 spec.
I've been putting it together over the last 2 years. Fired it up for the first time last Saturday, first ride this coming Saturday down the Tailem Bend test track.

Then its off Salt Lake racing in March at Lake Gairdner.

Cheers Mossy
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1960 TR6 Trophy Scrambler
1953 Thunderbird Salt Lake Racer
1950 250 Excelsior Talisman Twin
1926 250 Levis

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Tigertriple

2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

metalguru

2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

NKL

I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

rf9rider

Very nice, need a little more info..............

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

PeteH

Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Mossy

Triumph frame, forks, wheels, gearbox, rear guard and oil tank from the 50's. Fuel tank is late 60's Triumph.
Engine dates from 54 with a unit crank, R&R Racing rods, 3134 cams, hi comp pistons (9.8:1), cleaned up ports and combustion chambers, std Thunderbird valves, lightened and polished rocker gear, 930 Concentric carb and manual advance competition maggy.
Looking forward to the first ride this weekend. Then I just have to fit the last few bits, numbers and tacho, etc. Then on the 3rd week of March we'll be running on the salt at Lake Gairdner.
Really looking forward to that :D  :D  :D

Cheers Mossy
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1926 250 Levis

daveb

Quote from: "Mossy"Triumph frame, forks, wheels, gearbox, rear guard and oil tank from the 50's. Fuel tank is late 60's Triumph.
Engine dates from 54 with a unit crank, R&R Racing rods, 3134 cams, hi comp pistons (9.8:1), cleaned up ports and combustion chambers, std Thunderbird valves, lightened and polished rocker gear, 930 Concentric carb and manual advance competition maggy.
Looking forward to the first ride this weekend. Then I just have to fit the last few bits, numbers and tacho, etc. Then on the 3rd week of March we'll be running on the salt at Lake Gairdner.
Really looking forward to that :D  :D  :D

Cheers Mossy

Very nice there Mossey, well impressed

Mossey, I noticed you are fitting a tacho, this is a bit of a shameless plug but the company I work for has just launched our motorcycle Heritage range for SMITHS. Our Distributor is SRM Classic motorcycles. We are SMITHS instruments for a bygone era, although we have gone through different name changes but we build and sell the SMITHS name under licence.

The gauges are on the top left of SRM's site.
http://www.srmclassicbikes.com/

I am possible a bit late posting this for you, but never though of posting it on here, plus we got other development in the pipeline for motorcycles.

Apologies for the shameless plug
   :D  :D  :D

Mossy

Dave
I am interested. I'll use the tacho off my TR6 this year but another would save swapping them around.
I was thinking of using a magnetic tacho but I believe they turn the opposite direction to the chronometrics, which is what I'll need.
Cheers Mossy
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1926 250 Levis

daveb

the ones we just produced for the bike are electronic, using stepper motor to drive the pointer, this makes them compatible with most ignition systems. Drop me a line at work and I can pass on the details. are you running +ve or -ve earth system?

we can produce both clockwise and counterclockwise movements. The GT40 we work on have ccw and clockwise gauges in the same car.

we are updating out website, but here is a link to ther company I work for
www.caigauge.com

also we have another company which is in our building (one of our distribitor) http://www.speedycables.com/

The Midnight Rambler

Mossey that is a purposeful looking bit of kit and if it goes as well as it looks then you are in for some BIG fun!
DaveB at the risk of further hijacking this thread, you guys need to get your face in the place a bit more. What you have looks superb and at the sort of prices on the speedycables website I am sure a lot of old bike restorers would consider your stuff instead of paying the same sort of money for  refurbed Chronometrics. Any plans for Chrono type faces?
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson