News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chain measurement / Adjustment

Started by ssab, March 01, 2012, 10:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssab

Hi all,

I know this topic has been done before, but i cant find any info regarding the chains vertical movement whilst on the centre stand, only the 50-60mm on the side stand and 35-40mm in the Handbook

Can anyone shed some light on this for me if poss?

Thanks in advance

04 Tiger 955i

Mustang

well the obvious solution would be to set the slack at whatever floats your boat and then put it on the center stand and see what it is ...then use that for future reference when adjusting your chain on the center stand .......... :oops:

thetolleyman

I found that center stand tension somewhere back when I was looking. Let's see...
Tiger 955i

Chris Canning

Quote from: "ssab"Hi all,

I know this topic has been done before, but i cant find any info regarding the chains vertical movement whilst on the centre stand, only the 50-60mm on the side stand and 35-40mm in the Handbook

Can anyone shed some light on this for me if poss?

Thanks in advance

04 Tiger 955i

You won't find any info because it doesn't exist,the 855/955 doesn't have a linkage system,consequently the amount of slack in the chain you need depends on how much weight is on the bike,if you set it correctly for 1 up it'll be like a banjo string for 2 up,hence why the set up is for 2 and run it slack with only one on board.

Want to check the chain?,sit on the bike lean down check the tension with your finger,as I had pointed out to me recently in no uncertain terms,the rear end was designed when Triumph didn't know WTF they were doing,since rectified  :D,but current owners seem to survive ok  :lol:

You can normally tell the setting is OK when folks start telling you the chain looks slack!!,here's mine fot 2 up riding with some kit,tight links and all!!!