News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front wheel options

Started by fnjeep314, June 17, 2012, 01:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fnjeep314

I had a shimmy in the front wheel so I took my bike to a shop that had a wheel builder on staff and I had him look at what was going on with my front wheel assembly. The wheel builder was able to get my wheel straight within 1/32nd of an inch, so really straight. Apparently 1/16th is the acceptable norm. However, he was able to show me 3 flat spots in the rim from the PO running hard off road. The good news is that the spokes are still in great shape, so its just the rim that needs replacement.

So should I try and find just a rim, or is there a different route I should take, i.e. mag wheels from a Trophy or something? Please let me know what you think. If you have had wheels built, can you please tell me what you went with and what your cost was. I was told ballpark of $300-350.

Thanks all!
I do things!