News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Screen buffeting

Started by chinchliffe, May 18, 2012, 09:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

I'll ask my mate if he is having any more metal work done, may cost a penny or two  :roll:

cheers Spud  :wink:

Spud

1 set would cost £50  :shock:   as they are laser cut stainless steel. But if there's enough interest to bring the cost down enough he will get some cut. cheers Spud  :wink:

mwrmoore

Spud, might be a bit out of budget as a one off for me, but thanks for enquiring anyway...
Cheers
Matt

Spud

I dont think my mate would do a one off in any case due to set up times on the machine, but the brackets are easy to make at home with a drill saw and a file.
But if there was interest he would get some made up, but I must admit I would of paid £50 for the difference it has made to my bike, I'm on my 3rd screen and how much do they cost ?
Have a go at making some

cheers Spud  :wink:

Spud

Right spoken to my mate and he will make up 5 sets (more if needed) which will include brackets, spaces, and all nuts and bolts for £28 a set to cover his costs etc.

Hope the original poster is happy with that, and hopefully it may be useful for some on this forum cheers Spud  :wink:

Spud

I have an order for a screen kit set, so does anyone else one any cheers spud  :wink:

Trophykev

Sorry mate all spent out at the moment. Just cant justify this one.

Spud

Quote from: "Trophykev"Sorry mate all spent out at the moment. Just cant justify this one.

No worries mate cheers Spud  :wink:

cdubya

06 Girly

cdubya

A couple more. I have no idea why they are upside down. They are right side up on my computer???? Sorry bout that for those of you on desk tops with unmovable screens. :oops:
06 Girly

mwrmoore

So have done Chris's mod to a standard triumph large screen and have the following to report

the gap between screen and fairing seems to reduce turbulence but slightly increases wind pressure, the lift upwards is beginning to send the wind over my 6'3" head, however two things to report -
1. the gap seems to create a slight lift, lightening the front a bit - mainly at 90mph+ (obviously on a private test track!)
2. the very swept back vertical edges of the touring screen don't sweep the air around my frame and mainly pushes it into my shoulders.

So in essence i'd recommend doing this mod even if you have a standard triumph screen - it does help. but when all said and done it seems to be down to the total area of the screen - a much bigger one would have significant effects... but we knew that anyway.

cosmo

I can report that the 'screen I added to my Girly is near perfect. After a trip to Rochester, NY., I can state that there is no buffeting up to at least 90 mph, even for the passenger. Rain protection is very good, the only slight negative is that there is more of an updraft at speed. I will be trying some "wings" attached between fairing and 'screen to tame that bit.

This 'screen and the highway pegs allowed my wife and I to empty the tank (220+ miles) twice during that trip (no stops, at all). And we're not young. I bought my first Triumph when Meridan was healthy.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.