News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Head Bolts

Started by TripleTragic, January 06, 2013, 11:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleTragic

A couple of weeks before Christmas I lifted the head on my '97 with the plan to do a quick swap with a reconditioned one that I had prepared earlier.  A few rusted head bolts put paid to the idea of the "quick" bit.

So I ordered some new ones from World of Triumph (Sprint were on holidays already on holidays). When I got back from my own Christmas holidays I picked them up from the post office only to find they are ~10mm longer than the old ones and the bolt heads are slightly different...buggrit.

According to the invoice the part number is 1160350-T0301. I'm not sure is this is a Triumph part number or just a WoT number, but to me the 'T301' at the end would suggest that I didn't fuggup and order an early model 885i part or anything like that.

Has anyone come across this before or have any info on the change in bolt design somewhere along the model road?
Good things come in Threes

London_Phil

Hi There, and Happy new year.

My Triumph parts manual shows the following .

1160350-T0301    Bolt, Cyl head up to vin 9872
T1160355             Bolt, Cyl Head Vin 9873 On.

Cases changed at VIN 9872 to a type with no Alternator Cover  ( No box type casting with lid above Clutch area)
Alternator cover = old type, (up to vin 9872)
No Alternator cover = new type. (Vin 9872 on)

Which type of cases do you have?

TripleTragic

Thanks Phil,

I have the later cases (it is a 97 model).  This does seem like the most obvious explanation to the problem.  I have started to follow up with WoT, wish me luck...

Good things come in Threes