News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

gas milage

Started by windscreenman1, April 24, 2013, 11:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windscreenman1

Had to change to reserve at 189 miles   is this somewhere near or can anyone shed any light on what could be going wrong bike has 37k on
Runs sweet as 
Cheers

ned37

i'm pretty regular at 130-140.
i'd try to duplicate it.   
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

BruKen

Sounds about right to me. I only get that when I ride like a gentleman. Unfortunately the tigger is not really suited for gentlemen, so I get 140 - 150 at best and your figures when I'm dragging the missus about on her 125.
My silly b*gger light comes on way early. Generally it's a good indicator that I have at least half a tank left.

windscreenman1

Thanks fellas wasn't sure tigger is new ish to me and been in bits all winter
Just trying to suss out we're I am with it
I do tend to be a hooligan on it too can't help myself
She needs to be fast to bed brakes in you know what I mean :thumbsup
Cheers

ynotbiker

yes about 150 for me,petrol so expensive now round about £20 a fill up,surpose its better than 10 pints of beer much better fun  :pimp

windscreenman1

Looks like I did a good job of doin  my carb set up on the bench then while they were off  the bike then eh! :eusa_clap

rybes

150 for me too. im off to county durham at the weekend. anyone wanna join me ? lol :thumbsup
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

windscreenman1

Bugger I'm going to yorkshire at the weekend
Maybe next time mate

ynotbiker

being 7 stone helps  :hat10

ynotbiker

Quote from: rybes on April 26, 2013, 09:37:16 AM
150 for me too. im off to county durham at the weekend. anyone wanna join me ? lol :thumbsup
me and pal going out sunday keilder ect welcome to join us  :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

I'm at a wedding in Shildon Co Durham today!  Stop following me  :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

Quote from: ynotbiker on April 26, 2013, 10:34:45 AM
being 7 stone helps  :hat10

7 Stone? That's only one third of a normal tiger rider...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

rybes

Quote from: windscreenman1 on April 26, 2013, 10:25:51 AM
Bugger I'm going to yorkshire at the weekend
Maybe next time mate

damn n i thought id get me carbs done lol. cheers for the offer ynot but i was jestin. im in denmark till the 1st. then i come home to me tiger only been gone since the thenth but i miss it more than hard choice between the dog n me missus. shhhhhh dont tell her lol

rybes

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on April 26, 2013, 01:36:19 PM

I'm at a wedding in Shildon Co Durham today!  Stop following me  :hat10

i cant mate, im the weddin singer  :hat10

recroy

Har! I'm just figuring mine out too. Ran myself out of gas about 20km from the nearest gas station! had to lean her over about 4 times to drain every drop into the carbs. managed to make it to a campsite where I was able to beg a couple of litres from the caretaker. I wont make that mistake again!! :thumbsup
'94 steamer  '87 transalp