News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil leak from low pressure sensor?

Started by DavidR8, August 29, 2013, 07:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidR8

I have a small oil leak that I'm very sure is coming from the low oil pressure sensor. It is behind the cylinders on a 2006 955. There is a small metal line, maybe 1/4 in that runs between the sensor and the top right side of the back the head. I'm thinking the line is an oil return line and the sensor is for oil pressure. Pg 8.12 in the service manual seems to support this theory.

It seems to be 22mm in size. Unfortunately I only have a shallow 22mm socket and this will need a deep well socket. Crap, more tools :)
The first pic was taken from the left side of the engine, the second from the right side.
2006 Girly, stone stock!

Bixxer Bob

David,  I'm assuming you've wiped it and left it for a few days to eliminate any chance of it being residue?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

DavidR8

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on August 29, 2013, 11:07:43 AM
David,  I'm assuming you've wiped it and left it for a few days to eliminate any chance of it being residue?
Just wiped it down last night but she may get a day or two of rest as its chucking down rain here.   :icon_frown:

For oil to go past the sensor and up to the head it will obviously need to be running. I'll fire it up tonight and have a close look. 
2006 Girly, stone stock!