News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer Parts Free to Good Home

Started by Gr8t_Feb13, October 06, 2013, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gr8t_Feb13

I have the a few 1993 Tiger 900 parts to give away. There's a catch though, whoever wants them will need to take the whole lot and rummage around in my garage. I'm on crutches since me and my Steamer got wiped out by a car and I can't get to the parts. I'm in the East Anglia region of UK.

The parts include new ignition pick up, clutch cover, pillion footrests and brackets, rack, 2 side panels, tail shroud, 3 ignition coils, one maybe two fairing sides, headlight surround, small after market screen, sump guard, various nuts and bolts, back wheel (a bit rough but useable). I may have some original exhaust heat shields plus outlets. There could be more, but we'll need to search around a bit.

PS, I've been a lurker for years, and I would like to say thank you for all the help and advice on here. Cheers guys.

akendall1966

Where are you. I am near St Ives Cambs, interested in the screen but happy to take the lot and pass on what I don't want.
----AK-----

Gr8t_Feb13

I'm near Diss in Norfolk. I must admit I can't remember where I put the small after market screen, so we'd need to hunt for it.

Bixxer Bob

Diss isn't too far from me so I can take the lead on this if you like.  I'd pick them up, list them them get them posted to whoever. Only charge will be postage.

Ak already has first dibs on the screen though, obviously.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

akendall1966

----AK-----

Gr8t_Feb13

I found a few more parts this afternoon, ignition leads, Ignition cover, figure 8 cover, expansion tank hose, Haynes manual. I'm not quite sure what other parts are stashed away in my loft.

Bixxer Bob, if you pm me then we can arrange a time.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ram33

thats a great offer m8
im doing up a "spears or repairs" steamer and i would be very interested in the back wheel as mine seems to have split in the middle, even better if it has the brake disc as that is cracked as well.
i would also be interested in the exhaust bits and sump guard if poss?
as this lot would cost a bit to post i could collect them, or collect the lot and do the same as Bixxer Bob offered to do and list and post. (to save him the trouble)
i could collect this week if its ok?
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: ram33 on October 07, 2013, 10:27:51 AM
thats a great offer m8
im doing up a "spears or repairs" steamer and i would be very interested in the back wheel as mine seems to have split in the middle, even better if it has the brake disc as that is cracked as well.
i would also be interested in the exhaust bits and sump guard if poss?
as this lot would cost a bit to post i could collect them, or collect the lot and do the same as Bixxer Bob offered to do and list and post. (to save him the trouble)
i could collect this week if its ok?

Happy with that, saves me the trouble, but I see you're a noobie, please fill in your profile.  It's only polite  :thumbsup  And the screen is AK's don't forget.

ram33

[/quote]
Happy with that, saves me the trouble, but I see you're a noobie, please fill in your profile.  It's only polite  :thumbsup  And the screen is AK's don't forget.
[/quote]

profile done  :thumbsup
looking at akendall1966's profile, i could prob drop the screen off on the return trip as he doesn't look to far off the route.
ill pm Gr8t_Feb13 to arrange a date
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Bixxer Bob

Good man, I like to see new folks getting stuck in  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

Put the kettle on BB, sounds like an excuse for a pilgrimage.

Sorry to read that you're having to do this for the wrong reasons, hope the recovery prognosis is good and if I make it down I will donate some Scottish medication for your trouble and generosity  :notworthy

Keep your eye open for an original /  standard / short screen while you are rummaging.  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Gr8t_Feb13

Ok, looks like ram33 now has the job of rummaging through my garage.

Have sent pm to ram33.

Not sure about prognosis for me, I'm held together with some crude looking metal work. If anyone finds a thigh bone on the B1111, it's probably mine.

Hopefully the Tiger parts I have will help a few of you out.

Sin_Tiger

:bug_eye sounds painful, I hope your new sub frame is more robust than the early Steamers.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ram33

Quote from: akendall1966 on October 06, 2013, 03:33:31 PM
Where are you. I am near St Ives Cambs, interested in the screen but happy to take the lot and pass on what I don't want.
i should hopefully be collecting these bits on thursday so can drop screen off
check your pm
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque