News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

cam blade install

Started by HeavyHustler, November 03, 2013, 12:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyHustler

damn cam chain rubbing blade is giving me grief getting it back into place...... :icon_study:

any tips or tricks for this?

Cheers,

Mark

HeavyHustler

Ok, past that one.  Now I can't fit the carbs into the airbox........oval carb and a round airbox hole.  Not impressed with English engineering ATM....... :icon_rolleyes:

Mustang

heres a tip

loosen all three air box clamps
with one hand pick the bottom of the airbox up a little bit . it will line up better with carbs
dont try to get all three boots on
get the left one on first and tighten the clamp down while holding it in place
do the center
now do the right one  :augie

HeavyHustler

Quote from: Mustang on November 03, 2013, 07:42:13 PM
heres a tip

loosen all three air box clamps
with one hand pick the bottom of the airbox up a little bit . it will line up better with carbs
dont try to get all three boots on
get the left one on first and tighten the clamp down while holding it in place
do the center
now do the right one  :augie

Thanks Mustang.  I also found your airbox thread.  I was trying to attach the airbox first because the engine boots were giving me grief.  Quick question- you know how the boots to the engine intake have an angle on them.  Do you point the boots up or down?

Cheers,
Mark

Mustang

they need to be mounted on engine so the carbs sit LEVEL.

so I guess that would mean if you are on the right side of bike looking at it the boots should point down to the right . :nod

HeavyHustler

Quote from: Mustang on November 04, 2013, 01:17:37 AM
they need to be mounted on engine so the carbs sit LEVEL.

so I guess that would mean if you are on the right side of bike looking at it the boots should point down to the right . :nod

Bueno!  :icon_salut: