News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Screens your thoughts

Started by Spud, March 03, 2014, 08:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trophydave

Quote from: chairhead on March 05, 2014, 10:35:07 AM

I'm just guessing here but I reckon for many Tiger riders its going to be a combination of factors i.e. screen, helmet, riders height etc.

I reckon that is the truth.I have an MRA screen and mirror extenders on my Tigger and it's OK.I don't feel like buying any more screens.Saying that,the Africa Twin that I had before the Tigger was worse and the Transalp before that was worse still when it came to wind noise/buffeting.I tried several screens on each and the only thing that seemed to improve it was to use the shortest screen that I could find.

Spud

I'll show you mine if you show me yours at the Ecosse meet cheers  Spud  :thumbsup

John Stenhouse

Chris, have I remembered correctly that you don't have panniers but do your trips with a tank bag as part of your luggage? I was wondering if that was part of the screen aero mix.

Just that the solution that worked for my Arai Chaser, an MRA screen is nowhere near as good for the Tour X that I just got from Chairhead
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

Could well be,having had close to the perfect set up with what you mentioned  the apple cart got upset with a change of helmet and while I know the difference, at 2 yards they look identical.

And yes returning to the tank bag I have always ridden with one,even years ago pre fairing days I'd ride with one full of screwed up newspaper it fills the hole between me and the screen.