News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

choices, choices....

Started by rybes, March 11, 2014, 10:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

apart from the obvious reds, black and green was there any other colours steamers were avalible in ? ive been looking but cant find a colour chart for em
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

The colors
Khaki
Bronze
British Racing Green
Pimento Red
Chili Red
Volcano Red
Caspian Blue
Jet Black
Diablo Black

rybes

cheers mustang. i never seen a bronze one and im guessin khaki is the sandy coloured one ? altho i have found a pic of a yellow one

Mustang

this is the Khaki color , 97tiger885's bike

the yellow one was a respray , I remember pics of it from way back when they were first posted online years ago .
member cool hand luke
had a bronze one , IIRC they were only from the very 1st year of production and quite rare

rybes

cheers for those mustang. i saw a lucifer orange one one adv. hmmmm the bronze is a rare colour ya say ? is there a way of findin out from the chassis number what colour it was originally ? if not i might jus go bronze or the sandy colour  :icon_scratch:

Sin_Tiger

I've got some pics of a guy in the US that did his in pearl white that looked good,  how about doing yours in black with flip flop lacquer and call it the Black Pearl   :icon_lol:

Mine was a BMW silver when I got it, looked OK but I couldn't wait to change it for obvious reasons  :augie how about the Lunar Silver that they are using on the new Trophy,  put a howling Wolf silhouette on the side panels and call it Howling Moon.

OK I'm stretching things a bit now.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

rybes
I'm 99.9% certain the bronze colors official name is "Sandstorm"

ssevy

I have an official Triumph Accessories and clothing catalog from 1999 that was in the papers I got when I bought my used Legend. According to the color descriptions available for the "Topbox 45 Litre", the colors for 93-95 were Pimento Red and Caspian Blue. 96-98 they show Volcanic Red, British Racing Green, Jet Black, Chilli Red (yes, with two l's), Khaki, and Diablo Black. No mention of the bronze, but this may have been a US- specific catalog?
The 99 listed Lightning Yellow and Jet Black as the only two choices for that year.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

rybes

sin, i grew up in the 80s, if it was siler with a wolf id have to call it silver bullet  :icon_lol: anyone have any pics of the old racin tigers series they done ? what did those bikes look like ?

rf9rider

They were nothing special Rybes, black and red.

I`ll post a pic later.

rf9rider

My mistake, black and orange.

Mustang

did ya know the bike wasn't  really a Tiger ?

It just wore Tiger body panels and fuel tank .

rf9rider

Yup, spoke to Clive last year, told me all about the "good old days"

John Stenhouse

If I remember correctly tho' not a Tiger, just made to look like one

Thanks Mustang!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

rybes

yeah ya right rf, it is nuffin special. how bout some kinda camoflague lookin jobby or is that somthin that could become dated ? dont wanna have to spray it every few years