News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

choices, choices....

Started by rybes, March 11, 2014, 10:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

well after a long period of forced extended holiday due to so called professionals, i have finally got myself a real money payin job  :bug_eye this now leaves me with one huuuuge dilema of what to do ?
ya see, ive never been happy with the paint job i had done on my tiger when i rebuilt it so now theres money again i want to get it painted by a professional not a monkey who says he can paint.
what i want is it done back in pimento red with all the standard logos and writing on it but id like to add somthin to it to make it mine, i was thinkin of above the tiger logo have "reiber's" in similar text to the logo on it. ive not got to worry about ever sellin the bike as it will be comin to the grave with me. any ideas what i can do to make it personal to me without detractin from the original look of the bike too much.

what ideas have ya got ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

GavD

Seeing as how you now have strong danish links and it's gonna stay red, how about incorporating a Danish Flag somehow?

No idea how, I'm not very artistic so cannot offer you any sketches etc.

I take it you're gonna sort the motor out first.

Gav
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: GavD on March 11, 2014, 11:26:46 AM

I take it you're gonna sort the motor out first.

Gav

Minor detail   :icon_lol:

A spider or spiderman climbing / clinging onto the side panel?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I like the above  ideas.  But I'm not in any way artistic so can't really add anything. :icon_wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ssevy

I may not be big, but I'm slow.

John Stenhouse

That's lovely, since mine has started the dreaded bubbling I'll think about a paint job too
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

rybes

no way sin, im shit scared of spiders  :icon_lol:  i like ya idea gav was somthin similar to what i was thinkin. instead of havin the union jack on the panels, i was thinkin of half george cross half danish flag as theirs is red back ground with white cross.
that red one does look nice ssevy.  :thumbsup im jus waitin on some pics the bloke paintin it is doin for me for ideas. ill post em up when i get em.

Sin_Tiger

:ImaPoser they're probably shit scared of you too  :bug_eye
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ssevy

I like the red myself, as my 95 is red. I'm not sure which one, but it is quite bright. The tan and brown earth tones some have done looks really nice on these too, as they do have that solid industrial look to their design.
In terms of what type of paint, I read somewhere about using an epoxy paint to adhere well to the tank and plastic. Anyone know if one type of paint is better than another for this application?
Has anyone ever sealed their fuel tank inside, not for rust obviously, but to keep the fuel from leeching out into the tank? I used a Caswell kit on my Legend tank, and I was thinking about doing the Tiger to keep the paint from any more bubbling.

Sin_Tiger

How was the Caswell kit to use?

Have you considered doing a vynil wrap instead of painting?  I've often considered that the riveted steel plates look, sort of steam punk look,  maybe that's just my Marine Engineering background   :icon_lol:

rybes

oooooooo sin. i like that idea too. maybe it wont be red after all  :icon_scratch:

ssevy

Here's a review of the Caswell kit that I wrote for webbikeworld:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/caswell-fuel-tank-sealer/

Sin_Tiger

Cheers Ssevy I'll read up on that  :thumbsup

Steampunk is an eclectic mix of "Extraordinary League of Gentlemen" meets "Wild Wild West" meets "Sky Captain" and early "Ironman", set in Victorian times with a tech twist and a slight Japanese Manga slant, right up your street I would have thought  :icon_wink: Not everyone's taste and some examples are rather extreme but strangely appealing.

When I first saw this Thruxton I immediately thought of you  :nod

rybes

ooooooo nice find sin  :thumbsup i do like steam punk stuff i find it intrestin. also like the original time machine film, thats greatthat is. hmmm steam punk steamer or steamer punk :icon_scratch:

ssevy

My daughter steered me to some steam punk literature. Can't remember the names of the novels right now, but some interesting reads.
"Steamer Punk" is pretty clever rybes. I like it.