News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Remove Catalytic Converter... Or Not to.... that is the Questions

Started by coachgeo, March 23, 2014, 05:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachgeo

Steamer to diesel conversion.

Could use Stock exhaust possible buttttt found it stuffed with CConverter

Is OEM exhaust w/converter worth anything on the Ebay etc. market?

If not worth same/more than bending new tube; how do you remove it?

Is removing it such a PITA that your better off to bend up new tube?  (My friends got a bender)

We're shooting for as factory a look of conversion as possible is why we are leaning toward keeping OEM where we can.  Yeah I know.... half of you are seeing the Oxymoron in that
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Bixxer Bob

I know the platinum in them has enough scrap value to make them worth stealing.......
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Never heard of a CAT in a Steamer system, could that be a So Cal thing?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

coachgeo

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 23, 2014, 11:54:46 AM
Never heard of a CAT in a Steamer system, could that be a So Cal thing?
I purchased it in Nor Cal FWIW

coachgeo

Mustang

Quote from: coachgeo on March 25, 2014, 06:00:32 PM
any other thoughts?

its not a converter it's more of a noise supressor on the exhausts......

the search function works pretty damn well
see below for answer

Quote from: apache on April 02, 2006, 05:43:56 AM
Yep, I need to figure out how to do pics for ya. The gizmos in the exhaust can be best explained by describing them as a very small honeycombed insert thats in a tube type sleeve thats about 4" long. There held in place by a small dimple in the pipe that can be heated red hot and eaisly beat out with a metal pipe or bar from the head side. Initally we thought there were cat converters but I dont think 97 had em. I think there noise supressors of sorts. I ran the bike both ways and it was a bit louder without them as expected.

coachgeo

ahh... where I messed up in the search was using in NOT using the abbreviation "cat"   I spelled it out "catalytic" in the search.   Oh wait... can you search for 3 letter words or less  on this forum?  A lot of forums you can't.

Mustang

Quote from: coachgeo on March 26, 2014, 07:03:49 PM
   Oh wait... can you search for 3 letter words or less  on this forum?  A lot of forums you can't.
:nod
using the term 'cat' though on this sight will get you a shitload of irrelevant hits

a lot of people call their bike 'cat'

coachgeo

Quote from: Mustang on March 26, 2014, 07:18:46 PM
Quote from: coachgeo on March 26, 2014, 07:03:49 PM
   Oh wait... can you search for 3 letter words or less  on this forum?  A lot of forums you can't.
:nod
using the term 'cat' though on this sight will get you a shitload of irrelevant hits

a lot of people call their bike 'cat'
Good point.  I didn't use "Converter" as an alone term for same reason.   Figured would just come up with ton of electrical threads.  So what search term(s) did you use to find that 2006 mention?

Toto

Quote from: coachgeo on March 26, 2014, 07:29:28 PM
Good point.  I didn't use "Converter" as an alone term for same reason.   Figured would just come up with ton of electrical threads.  So what search term(s) did you use to find that 2006 mention?
the great and powerful Oz knows all  :ImaPoser
Flying Friggin' Monkeys !

coachgeo

LOL.  ok thought I was slipping in my search vodo magic :pimp.