News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The Wrath of Mrs NickCalne...

Started by Nick Calne, April 19, 2014, 06:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

this should help
I listed the steamer colors

1993                     1994                         1995                 1996                        1997                          1998                   
Pimento Red        Pimento Red        Diablo Black       Diablo Black           Diablo Black          Jet Black
Caspian Blue       Caspian Blue       Caspian Blue     Caspian Blue          Caspian Blue        British Racing Green
Sandstorm                                             Pimento Red      Pimento Red          Khaki                    Volcanic Red
                                                                                                                                   Chili Red

the color matched engine covers were a german thing and only on 93's and 94's IIRC, even though the chart shows all caspian blues with them . (they used same image for all on chart)

and the two colors missing from the chart
volcano red

sandstorm

ram33

Not at home atm and looking at pics on iphone
But it may be the bottom one on the poster as it's an orangey red
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Mustang

that's Chili Red ....only used in 1 model year , the 1997 Tiger

ram33

I'll have a closer look when I get home at weekend, although the paint on mine is quite poor anyway
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Sin_Tiger

Thanks Mustang, I suspected that but not so easy with photos. Fair comment about carbs I suppose.

That makes it a bit trickier, you'll have to check your VIN against a paint list if you want to be absolutely sure, sadly I don't have that info to hand.

Mustang, were the paint codes marked any where on the panels?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 24, 2014, 02:26:03 PM

Mustang, were the paint codes marked any where on the panels?
no , original panels had nothing on them
replacement plastics had a little sticker on the backside that had part# and paint name but no codes

ram33

heres a couple of pics taken tonight (on phone so colour may not be perfect)
im still not sure which colour it is?
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Mustang

with black letters it is definitely Chili Red
pimento red is white lettered with the tiger logo

you'd know if you had volcanic red
it looks more the shade of bbq sauce

ram33

Quote from: Mustang on April 25, 2014, 11:15:33 PM

thanks for that
ive just seen your vin check post as well and that shows mine to be 97 which ties in with the poster of colours in your earlier post  :thumbsup
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Sin_Tiger

I'm glad there is a way to tell the diffidence as I'm crap with colours and is always getting me in trouble.

How desperate are you to get it looking right?

Reason I ask is I have a full set of matching red (don't ask me which flipping shade) the only issue is someone has had the parts coded. I'm not willing to split up a good set just to make a few quid, in fact fact I'm not interested in making money at all but I do want to keep a good spare set of plastics, the colour is immaterial.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

Quote from: ram33 on April 19, 2014, 08:07:22 PM
have you got the little infill panels that that go between the tank and rear side panels (and screw to the airbox)
pref red and esp need the l/h side

found one for ya  :icon_lol: :icon_lol:  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Tiger-Verkleidung-Luftfilterabdeckung-Airbox-Cover-T2309691-CK-/151287417862?pt=DE_Motorradteile&hash=item23396ecc06
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

ram33

tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

ram33

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 26, 2014, 10:18:47 AM

I'm glad there is a way to tell the diffidence as I'm crap with colours and is always getting me in trouble.

How desperate are you to get it looking right?

Reason I ask is I have a full set of matching red (don't ask me which flipping shade) the only issue is someone has had the parts coded. I'm not willing to split up a good set just to make a few quid, in fact fact I'm not interested in making money at all but I do want to keep a good spare set of plastics, the colour is immaterial.
thanks for the offer. not desperate to get it right, just rideable and complete
ive got a m8 who sprays so i may get him to respray it in winter.
looks like i maybe striping engine again anyway as i think my misfire may be a faulty valve so i may have to replace the head
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Sin_Tiger

OK Bikedecals did me a set of originals at reasonable cost,  I've still got the details somewhere if you need them.

Nick - real sorry about the hijack, let me know what you want to do with the blue bits.

JayDub

Quote from: ram33 on April 19, 2014, 08:07:22 PM
have you got the little infill panels that that go between the tank and rear side panels (and screw to the airbox)
pref red and esp need the l/h side
Just found these, don't know if it helps but...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-TIGER-900-885-AIRBOX-SIDE-PANELS-FAIRINGS-/321388702561?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item4ad4426b61