News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The Wrath of Mrs NickCalne...

Started by Nick Calne, April 19, 2014, 06:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ram33

Quote from: JayDub on April 26, 2014, 09:33:50 PM
Quote from: ram33 on April 19, 2014, 08:07:22 PM
have you got the little infill panels that that go between the tank and rear side panels (and screw to the airbox)
pref red and esp need the l/h side
Just found these, don't know if it helps but...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-TIGER-900-885-AIRBOX-SIDE-PANELS-FAIRINGS-/321388702561?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item4ad4426b61
thanks -i did see these a few days ago but was hoping to pick up just the l/h side poss. strange that there are a few r/h sides but no lefts ?
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

nickjtc

Quote from: ram33 on April 26, 2014, 10:01:47 PM
strange that there are a few r/h sides but no lefts ?

The left side is more vulnerable to 'at rest' tipovers, maybe????
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Oops! - that wasn't supposed to happen  :icon_redface:

JayDub

I only realised recently that a PO has made a nice neat job of the infill panels on mine, I thought this was standard up until then, but they've done a good job, especially the stainless mesh behind the holes, they blend in nicely with the side panels :icon_cool:

rybes

Quote from: nickjtc on April 26, 2014, 10:15:19 PM
Quote from: ram33 on April 26, 2014, 10:01:47 PM
strange that there are a few r/h sides but no lefts ?

The left side is more vulnerable to 'at rest' tipovers, maybe????

i did get told the reason they always break buy a bloke at triumph. cant remember what it was now but there is a reason
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

London_Phil

My one failed at the screw mount points. My theory is that the left one gets the most chemical attack from petrol overspill, cleaning, and anything else that may drain across it when left on side stand. The face of the panel where it screws to the airbox has the look and feel of plastic that has hardened and become brittle. Just a few thoughts...

Sin_Tiger

Also it is in the way of the petcock so has to be removed when you take the tank off.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Ram, look what I found in the darker recesses of the loft!

One has a tab missing...

Sin, hopefully your package has arrived at Sin-tiger Castle.  Can you let me know as if not I will chase Yodel.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

ram33

Quote from: nickcalne on June 14, 2014, 04:27:55 PM
Ram, look what I found in the darker recesses of the loft!

One has a tab missing...

ooo nice  :love10
for sale ?
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickcalne on June 14, 2014, 04:27:55 PM
Sin, hopefully your package has arrived at Sin-tiger Castle.  Can you let me know as if not I will chase Yodel.

Once SWMBO gets back from her pilgrimage to The Rovers Return I'll let you know, I'm still roving around.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

ram33

Quote from: nickcalne on June 15, 2014, 02:54:45 PM
Ram is £30 inc postage ok?
thats fine m8
please pm me your payment details  :thumbsup
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque