News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Like a new bike..

Started by threepot, May 10, 2014, 08:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Finally replaced the 17t for the std 18t sprocket. New chain,top and bottom rubbing block's,new gearshaft seal. First time I've changed the top rubbing block. Followed Mustang's tip..surprised how easy it ,compared to removing the swing arm! Also changed the bush in the gear lever. Makes a noticeable change to the action. I was expecting the bike not to 'pull' so well at low revs? But there is little difference,still pulls nice in top from about 20mph. Noticeable difference at higher speed..longer 'legs',and smoother.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

I know how that feels, I had a 17t front and a 42t rear when I got it!  :icon_eek: not good at crawling speed but flew over 4omph...
Hope you remembered to bend up those tabs on the sprocket washer  :icon_wink:

Sin_Tiger

:qgreenjumpers makes you wonder why people mess about with them in the first place :BangHead just  :wheel
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Hope you remembered to bend up those tabs on the sprocket washer  :icon_wink:
[/quote]

Oh Shit! :icon_scratch:
95 Super111
96 Tiger